About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel is a boutique hotel in Belgravia offering a collection of appointed bedrooms and suites designed to suit the needs of both the leisure and business traveller. Lowndes Bar & Kitchen offers guests all-day dining from its modern British menu in a relaxed and comfortable setting. Guests have complimentary access to all facilities at the nearby Jumeirah Carlton Tower, including The Peak Health Club & Spa.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for an Accounts Assistant (General Cashiering and Accounts Payable) to join the Finance team here at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role include but are not limited too:
• Obtain Purchase Orders from Purchasing for future matching with invoices
• Collect and file all delivery notes for sundry and miscellaneous items
• Match purchase order, delivery note and invoice for accuracy of charges
• Maintain and create supplier accounts in Accounting and Payment programmes.
• Reconcile supplier statements to payment.
• Chase suppliers for outstanding invoices, credits and proof of delivery
• Ensure the payment of non invoiced charges eg. Business Rates, Pension etc.
• Check all commissionable stays and record commissionable revenue.
• Pay local commissions against invoice only.
End of Month
• Ensure the accurate accruing of Purchase Orders and Delivery Notes not yet invoiced for.
• Ensure accurate accruing of “Other Revenue” eg. Car Hire, Theatre Tickets etc.
• Provide accurate Monthly and Quarterly reports to the Finance Manager.
• Collect Front Office and Food and Beverage Cash Remittance from Drop Safe and reconcile with Drop Safe record.
• Ensure the movement and handling of cash is always safe and secure.
• Count cash and cheques to verify against F/O and F&B drop claims, and collectively balance to the trial balance.
• Prepare and record bank deposits and ensure that all cash collections are deposited in tact.
• Prepare Daily General Cashier Reports for the review and completion of the Income Auditor and Finance Manager.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following skills and experience:
- An accounts qualifications or equivalent (desirable)
- Previous hotel experience
- Excellent level of English
- Friendly, approachable and professional
- A passion for finance
About the Benefits:
Benefits for the successful Accounts Assistant include:
- Meals on duty
- Dry cleaning
- 28 days paid annual leave including bank holidays
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Jumeirah hotel accommodation discounts
- Company reward and recognition schemes
- Childcare support
- Company pension plan
- Excellent training and development opportunities
An attractive salary is offered and the opportunity to work for a company with major worldwide expansion plans is offered.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- London, United Kingdom
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel
Overlooking a serene, leafy London square, this 88-room boutique hotel is just yards from Knightsbridge’s most fashionable stores, including Harrods and Harvey Nichols, as well as the individual boutiques and cobbled streets of Belgravia.
Guests can enjoy modern British dining at Lowndes Bar & Kitchen, outdoor summer dining at The Terrace and a collection of superbly appointed, contemporary bedrooms and suites, all with complimentary Wi-Fi. You are also welcome to use the facilities at The Peak Health Club & Spa at the nearby Jumeirah Carlton Tower.
Offering easy access to Hyde Park and the West End, Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel is a calming, luxurious retreat and an ideal base from which to explore London.