About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel is a boutique hotel in Belgravia offering a collection of appointed bedrooms and suites designed to suit the needs of both the leisure and business traveller. Lowndes Bar & Kitchen offers guests all-day dining from its modern British menu in a relaxed and comfortable setting. Guests have complimentary access to all facilities at the nearby Jumeirah Carlton Tower, including The Peak Health Club & Spa.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Food and Beverage Manager to join the team here at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role include but are not limited too:
- To ensure the smooth running of the F&B outlets in the most efficient, courteous and effective manner, delivering Jumeirah standards of service whilst maintaining the restaurant profitability.
- To establish guest service standards that meet the needs of the target market and which are in line with operating concept of the department.
- To maximize profitability of the department by increasing turnover (revenue and covers) as a first priority and controlling costs as a second priority.
- To select and recruit employees for the department
- To carry out Duty Management shifts as scheduled
- To ensure that all operating standards comply with the company and hotel policies, procedures, and minimum standards.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following skills and experience:
- Supervision experience in a quality food & beverage outlet
- Excellent food & wine knowledge
- Restaurant Manager experience
- Cocktails knowledge
- Hotel experience
- Excellent Leadership skills
- High level of written and verbal business English
- Effective People & communication skills, builds good relations with guests
- Hands on operator
- Desirable: Hospitality management Degree
About the Benefits:
Benefits for the successful F&B Manager include:
- Meals on duty
- Dry cleaning
- 28 days paid annual leave including bank holidays
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Jumeirah hotel accommodation discounts
- Company reward and recognition schemes
- Childcare support
- Company pension plan
- Excellent training and development opportunities
An attractive salary is offered and the opportunity to work for a company with major worldwide expansion plans is offered.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- London, United Kingdom
- Management, F&B other, F&B service
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Latest start date
- October 2018
Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel
Overlooking a serene, leafy London square, this 88-room boutique hotel is just yards from Knightsbridge’s most fashionable stores, including Harrods and Harvey Nichols, as well as the individual boutiques and cobbled streets of Belgravia.
Guests can enjoy modern British dining at Lowndes Bar & Kitchen, outdoor summer dining at The Terrace and a collection of superbly appointed, contemporary bedrooms and suites, all with complimentary Wi-Fi. You are also welcome to use the facilities at The Peak Health Club & Spa at the nearby Jumeirah Carlton Tower.
Offering easy access to Hyde Park and the West End, Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel is a calming, luxurious retreat and an ideal base from which to explore London.