At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel and Spa offers easy access to Kuwait’s Central Business District, airport and major attractions. The beachfront resort features 316 rooms and suites, 80 residential suites and 12 villas, seven restaurants, cafés and lounges, a Talise Spa, 200-metre private beach, two swimming pools and a children’s play area. Extensive conference and banqueting facilities are available, including the Badriah ballroom.
About the Job:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly talented Revenue Manager to join the team at Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait.
The main purpose of this role is to be responsible for formulating long and short-term Revenue Management strategies for the Hotel, overseeing their successful execution towards the advancement of RevPAR market share, and leveraging provided resources to ensure the successful application and continuous development of Revenue Management techniques for maximizing the generation of rooms revenue, as well as any other agreed-upon revenue streams such as catering, restaurant or spa revenues.
• Responsible for all revenue centers which includes Rooms, Food & Beverage, C&I and Spa, providing assistance to and monitoring F&B, C&I and Spa division heads.
• Monitor RevPAR index and provide critical analysis of Hotel performance. Lead the Hotel revenue team in the development of long and short-term strategies to address any deficiencies and to contribute to the ongoing growth of RevPAR market share.
• Develop and maintain a robust and current knowledge of the Hotel’s marketplace and competitive environment. Understand the macro and micro economic variables affecting supply and demand in the local marketplace, and use this knowledge to create accurate operational and financial rooms’ revenue forecasts. Prepare annual rooms’ revenue budget and co-author with Director of Sales & Marketing the Hotel’s annual marketing plan.
• Perform unconstrained demand analysis to determine optimal business mix for the Hotel. Considering optimal and forecasted levels of business from each market segment, work with the Director of Sales & Marketing to direct the Hotel’s sales efforts accordingly.
• Oversee Hotel process for evaluating all opportunities for contracted business (group, wholesale, corporate negotiated, etc.) presented through the Sales department. Ensure that process enables high speed of response while maximizing Hotel profits. Conduct profitability analysis on specific pieces of potential business as warranted.
• Analyze/evaluate the performance of wholesale and corporate negotiated business in relation to discount ratios and materialization.
• Champion the Revenue Management discipline within the Hotel, ensuring that all personnel directly involved in the generation of rooms revenue understand essential Revenue Management principles and concepts. Provide requisite training and development, contributing to the development of a Revenue Management culture.
• Chair weekly and monthly Revenue Strategy meetings in order to formulate and disseminate strategies and tactics.
• Fully utilize the IDeaS RMS in relation to reporting and yielding capabilities and monitor the forecasting and resulting BAR recommendations closely.
• Understand and utilize other Market Intelligence tools like STAR, Hotelligence and Market Vision to formulate appropriate pricing and channel optimization strategies.
• Work with regional and corporate Revenue Management representatives to identify and capitalize on revenue generating opportunities for the Hotel. Prepare for and lead property diagnostic sessions and standards audits as coordinated by the regional/corporate function.
• Perform other duties that Management may from time to time reasonably require.
In order to be considered for this role, you must have gained an internationally recognized Bachelor's degree, or equivalent diploma, in Hotel or Business Administration, and you should have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a position of direct responsibility for Revenue Management in a 5 star luxury Hotel environment.
It is essential that you have excellent written and verbal English skills. You should demonstrate highly developed Revenue Management skill set, capable of developing, articulating and implementing business strategies and initiatives. You should possess strong problem-solving, reasoning and analytical abilities and highly capable in basic mathematics, including the calculation of common statistics, ratios and percentages and a working knowledge of simple Algebra.
About the Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight tickets allowance, medical and dental coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates. Married colleagues will enjoy family benefits for up to two children which include education assistance.
- Job type
- Kuwait City, Kuwait
- Revenue Management
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration