About Jumeirah & The Hotel :
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel and Spa offers easy access to Kuwait’s Central Business District, airport and major attractions. The beachfront resort features 316 rooms and suites, 80 residential suites and 12 villas, seven restaurants, cafés and lounges, a Talise Spa, 200-metre private beach, two swimming pools and a children’s play area. Extensive conference and banqueting facilities are available, including the Badriah ballroom.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for a Team Leader to join our Front Office team in Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel and Spa Kuwait. The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- To assist the Reception Management Team in supervising the Front Desk (Reception) operation and communication.
- To assist in maintaining and/or developing agreed operating procedures relating to Front Desk reception and to ensure that colleagues adhere to the correct procedures as laid down in the Standard Operating Procedures Manuals.
- To set a high example to colleagues in terms of punctuality, appearance, performance, attitude, leadership, guest relations, observance of the house rules, loyalty to the management and interdepartmental co-operation.
- Ensure that all current promotional and or activity information is communicated to the team.
- Take care of sectional training and ensure that the required training hours are achieved.
- Conduct the hand over between shifts, ensuring that all relevant staff are in attendance and that all pertinent information is passed accurately to the oncoming shift.
- Carry out the registration procedures required for guests wishing to stay at the hotel, ensuring that both local law and the hotel’s credit policy are adhered to at all times.
- Sell rooms to prospective guests arriving without reservations, ensuring that the maximum revenue is reached without losing the sale.
- Conduct and assist with private group check in s.
- Prepare group pre-registration as directed by the Front Office Assistant Manager.
- Handle general enquires received at the Front Desk , either from in house guests or from non-residents.
- To have a high product knowledge level, both in terms of the hotel and its facilities as well as of Kuwait in general.
- Check the details of completed registration cards against those in the property management system to ensure that this has been updated correctly and that a payment method has been secured,
- To action and resolve all traces on a daily basis.
- To ensure that rooms are allocated by the GSE’s according to the guest’s requests.
- Communicate on daily basis with Housekeeping in regards of Room Moves, Twin-2-Double rooms, OO/OS rooms.
- Ensure that all daily tasks of GSE’s are carried out on time (preparing arrivals, preparing departures, bucket check, High Balance, Check-outs VICAS).
- Prepare weekly store order and make sure collection is done.
- Ensure that all checked out registration cards are stored correctly at the end of each month,
- To make sure the no-shows and pre-registered guests who did not arrive are charged.
- To assist Guest Services Executives at the front desk with check - in, check outs and cashiering work as and when required.
- Assign colleague for Show around.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 year experience working in a similar role in five star hotel environment.
- Good knowledge in OPERA (PMS) is essential.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Outgoing personality with ability to communicate with guests and colleagues
- Excellent English communication skills
- Additional language is an added value.
About the Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes:
Basic salary, incentives plan, housing, flight ticket to home country every 2 years, government medical coverage, accident insurance, meals; laundry and transportation.
- Job type
- Kuwait City, Kuwait
- Management, Front Office reception
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract