About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
The Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel and Spa is ideally located in a secluded area with easy access to Kuwait’s Central Business District, airport and major attractions. Currently in its soft opening phase, the beachfront resort features 316 rooms and suites, 80 residential suites and 12 villas, six restaurants along with cafés and lounges, a 3 500 m2 ‘Talise Spa’, a 200-metres private beach, two swimming pools and a children’s play area. Additionally, extensive conference and banqueting facilities are available, including a showpiece 1950 m2 Badriah ballroom.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly talented and experienced Hospitality professional to join the Finance Team at Jumeirah. The main purpose of the role is to assist the Director of Finance in administrating all financial aspects of the Hotel’s operation in accordance with the hotel’s policies and procedures and supervise the day to day operation of the Finance Department in a timely and efficient manner.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- To manage the company’s cash flow ensuring that all suppliers are paid in a fair and timely manner.
- To reconcile the bank balances ensuring that money is collected effectively.
- To assist the Payroll and HR teams in processing the hotel’s payroll in a timely manner while embodying the company’s best practices and directives.
- To assist the DOF in managing the Budget process, identifying opportunities and threats to the company’s success.
- To understand and manage the forecast process during the absence of the DOF ensuring that the communicated results are as accurate as possible and reflect the financial activity of the hotel.
- To pro-actively explore new solutions to enhance the company’s standards.
- To act in accordance with Jumeirah’s policies and procedures, and Guiding Principles.
- To liaise with Jumeirah International Finance Departments in order that all hotels share best practices.
- To assist the DOF in organizing and managing the month-end process in a timely manner and providing perfect accuracy in the reporting of the hotel’s results.
- To ensure that all training needs are reviewed, addressed and appropriately covered for the Finance team in accordance with Jumeirah’s best practices.
- To attend one to ones with the DOF and to communicate all financial activities and results during these meetings.
- To organize weekly one-to-ones within the Finance team.
- To attend all possible networking meetings, forums and workshops.
- To research all training opportunities.
- To ensure that all the company’s assets are duly protected and controlled as per the company’s procedures.
- To supervise the overall financial operation.
- To provide through the analysis of the company’s results advice and direction to the hotel’s management.
- To manage the Finance team performance reviews in accordance with Jumeirah policies and procedures.
- To communicate effectively to the team any feedback from hotel meetings
- To welcome change and embody positive attitude while communicating to other departments.
- To audit the hotel’s financial practices on a regular basis and ensure that financial risks are constantly reviewed and updated.
- To review existing contracts and advise accordingly.
- To develop and maintain good relationships with the business community.
- To provide all necessary information to the Government bodies following the legal requirements and deadlines.
- To help and advise Executive Committee members and Head of Departments in regards to financial issues.
- To liaise with and maintain good relationships with external consultants and industry contacts, representing the hotel at industry events as necessary.
- To maintain the financial system ensuring that all posting are correctly reconciled and authorized.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and a finance qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, or CMA is desirable.
At least 2 years’ experience in a Finance Manager role in a luxury 5 star hotel, or related service industry.
Experience working in the GCC or the Middle East is desirable.
Skills & Attributes
Good command of the English language (spoken and written) is essential. Arabic language is desirable.
Accounting control, respect of deadlines, organized, disciplined, dedicated, and loyal.
Ability to communicate with internal and external guests at all levels of the business.
Needs good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows-based computer applications.
About the Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes yearly ticket allowance to home country, medical & dental insurance coverage, life & accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts. Married colleagues will enjoy family benefits.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Kuwait City, Kuwait
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa
The Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa is ideally located a mere 10 minutes from Kuwait International Airport and close to Kuwait City’s business centre and major shopping malls. Currently in its soft opening phase, the secluded beachfront resort features 316 rooms and suites, 80 residential suites and 12 villas, six restaurants along with cafes and lounges, a 3 500 m2 ‘Talise Spa’, a 200-metres private beach, two swimming pools and a children’s play area. Additionally, extensive conference and banqueting facilities will be available, including a showpiece 1 950 m2 ballroom.