An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly talented Spa Manager to join the team at Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait.
The main purpose of this role is to drive the Spa to achieve its financial goals, provide a highly personalized service ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and adhering to the standard required by the Jumeirah brand, giving advice and treat guests on well-being techniques and treatments.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Spa, providing guidance, encouraging teamwork and facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards and liaise with internal and external parties at the appropriate levels to ensure smooth flow of operations.
- To identify and target specific market segments for potential corporate clientele to promote Spa services
- Construct the Department Training Plan and conduct hands-on training for the team
- Develop strong product quality measures
- Assist in the preparation of the department budget and in achieving overall budget through planned marketing initiatives and controlling
- Strategically direct the progress and performance of the business through sales and marketing and take ownership and responsibility in order to ensure maximum revenue
- Ensures consistent Spa experience development to ensure that innovation and uniqueness is maintained
- Monitor and analyse the products and services of competitive Spas, to maintain a competitive advantage
- Review all guest feedback results to implement improvements and ensure guest satisfaction
- Oversee the Spa retail outlets located in the hotel and maintain high delivery of standards to the guests in order to drive revenue
- Provide management with creative ideas to project and enhance the image of the Spa
- Implement and monitor up-selling strategies to maximize Spa revenue
- Liaise with Engineering department to ensure properly monitored repair works are efficiently delivered in the Spa to ensure guest satisfaction with the hotel products
- Ensure proper inventories of all operating Spa equipment are conducted in line with audit standards in order to effectively manage cost
- Participate in the preparation of the Annual Business Plan to ensure Spa operation is adequately represented
- To be the main point of contact for members and hotel guests to direct questions or complaints to
- Be the point of contact for organizers of Royal Families, Dignitaries and VVIP guests and co-ordinate their Spa experience
- To maximize profit through driving revenues and controlling costs within the business
- Continually research and develop new Spa experiences, treatments & products and liaise with suppliers in this regard to maintain innovation and originality
- Work closely with Jumeirah Group and SBU Sales and Marketing department to develop relationship with media, local businesses and potential guests to create positive public relations
- Ensure that the Spa team adhere to all hotel and company standards, business conduct and ethics, policies and procedures including Health, Hygiene, Emergency, Fire Prevention, Safety and maintain confidentiality for all guests and colleagues
- To be an active role model to the entire Spa team ensuring the lines of communication are always open and regular meetings and coaching sessions are hosted
- To develop promotions and packages in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing and F&B departments
- To be active in the support of other hotel departments where Spa and retail can provide assistance where appropriate
- Perform any other duties that management may reasonably require
In order to be considered for this role, you will have gained an internationally recognized qualification in the Spa Industry, or equivalent field, and you should have a minimum of 3 years leadership experience in a 5 star luxury Spa environment.
It is essential that you have strong command of the English language, both spoken and written. You should have knowledge and experience with integrated wellness approaches and working models, and strong market and competitiveness awareness. You should be computer literate with good working knowledge of computer applications such a MS Office.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Spa & Wellness, Management, Other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible