About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa, Mallorca is located on a cliff and surrounded by pine forests looking over the fishing town of Port Soller. Its 121 spacious guestrooms and suites, all with private terrace or balcony, enjoy stunning views of the port, the Mediterranean Sea and the impressive Tramuntana mountain range, a UNESCO Heritage site. The hotel offers two restaurants, four bars, two swimming pools and a Talise Spa. The hotel is divided into eleven low-rise structures ensuring that visitors experience a truly exceptional and natural environment.
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Hostess position to join our Food & Beverage Department in Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- To provide a warm welcome to guests and seat them according to seating plan and guest requirements.
- To actively assist the Restaurant Manager and his/ her Assistant in greeting and seating guests.
- To manage all table reservations and table plans
- To assist F&B coordinator in all related duties
- To have a good knowledge of the menu and styles of service.
- Be aware of all food and beverage promotions.
- To take food and beverage orders efficiently and professionally ensuring all information are correct.
- To be fully conversant with the table lay-up and mis-en-place prior to, during and after service.
- To update on a daily basis all guests history (i.e. .guests likes and dislikes, table preferences).
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Basic Food Hygiene Training
- Previous experience in a similar role and type of establishment
- Excellent level of English
- Friendly, approachable and professional
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Able to work well under pressure
- Excellent customer care skills
- Knowledge of Epicure & Adaco (Training)
- Knowledge of any other Languages (German)
Besides generous F&B benefits and reduced hotel rates across our hotels globally, this role has excellent employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant who like to associate her/himself with one of the most luxurious brand in the hospitality industry. This includes a highly competitive salary and package, excellent training and development opportunities, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours and retail leisure discounts.
- Job type
- Majorca, Spain
- English, Spanish
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract
Jumeirah Port Sóller Hotel & Spa - Jumeirah Group
This intimate luxury hotel in Mallorca houses a selection of 121 airy sea or mountain facing rooms and suites, spread across 11 buildings connected by wonderful scented gardens. You’ll enjoy access to your own private balcony or terrace at our top hotel in Mallorca so you can enjoy the picture postcard view at your leisure.
The warm Mediterranean climate and the Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel’s glorious natural setting make this luxury hotel in Mallorca the ideal place for al fresco dining. You have a choice of three bars and two restaurants serving Spanish delicacies, while the luxurious Talise Spa, state-of-the-art gym, two swimming pools and a spacious ballroom provide more ways to spend your time with us.
A world away from the stresses of modern life, Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca is just a 25-minute car transfer from Palma International Airport.