About Jumeirah Group:
Jumeirah Group, the global luxury hotel company and a member of Dubai Holding, operates a world-class portfolio of hotels and resorts including the flagship Burj Al Arab Jumeirah. Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts manages properties in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, UAE, and Kuwait in the Middle East; Frankfurt, London and Mallorca (Spain) in Europe; the Maldives and Shanghai in Asia. Jumeirah Group also operates the new upscale-casual brand, Zabeel House by JumeirahTM and runs the luxury serviced residences brand Jumeirah LivingTM with properties in London and Dubai; the wellness brand TaliseTM; Jumeirah Restaurant Group DubaiTM; Wild Wadi WaterparkTM; The Emirates Academy of Hospitality ManagementTM; Jumeirah SiriusTM, its global loyalty programme; and isme by Jumeirah™ an app based rewards programme in the UAE. Future openings include luxury hotels in the UAE, Bahrain, Indonesia, China, Oman, Jordan, Malaysia and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. www.jumeirah.com
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Reservations Agent position to join our Reservations department in Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa.
The main duties and responsibilities of this role:
- Process telephone, fax and email reservations according to room and rate availability, ensuring that full and accurate details are obtained and input accordingly into Opera.
- Update reservations, to input and record cancellations and amendments, making sure all bookings are accurate.
- Deal with travel agent bookings, vouchers and credit requests, ensuring that the hotel’s policy is adhered to at all times.
- Type letters, fax and email confirmations and check details and requirements for accuracy.
- Process all Synxis reservations and messages ensuring that all bookings are accurate.
- Regularly and correctly file all correspondences for present, past and future months.
- Consistently update guest history records using the defined Jumeirah abbreviations and add any new or relevant data as necessary.
- Update the Daily Pick Up report on a daily basis and attend morning meetings.
- To be full conversant with Opera, reservations and Synxis reservations worldwide reservations system.
- Ensure all handover issues and items to be followed up are detailed in the diary or passed on to the relevant department and resolved promptly.
- To be fully conversant with rate groups and sales accounts procedures.
- Set up inventory groups and input rooming lists.
- Liaise with Sales and other departments when dealing with VIP guests, sales leads and rate requests.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
· Minimum of 1 year Reservations Agent experience
· Experience with the Opera PMS system
· Experience in the 5-star market
· Excellent level of English
· Competent computer skills, word, excel, power point
· Excellent communicator at all levels
· Effective organisational skills; able to prioritise tasks and self-manage a demanding workload
· Excellent presentation skills
· Friendly, approachable and professional
About the benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes: Excellent training and development opportunities, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, retail leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Port de Sóller, Spain
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
Jumeirah Port Sóller Hotel & Spa
This intimate luxury hotel in Mallorca houses a selection of 121 airy sea or mountain facing rooms and suites, spread across 11 buildings connected by wonderful scented gardens. You’ll enjoy access to your own private balcony or terrace at our top hotel in Mallorca so you can enjoy the picture postcard view at your leisure.
The warm Mediterranean climate and the Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel’s glorious natural setting make this luxury hotel in Mallorca the ideal place for al fresco dining. You have a choice of three bars and two restaurants serving Spanish delicacies, while the luxurious Talise Spa, state-of-the-art gym, two swimming pools and a spacious ballroom provide more ways to spend your time with us.
A world away from the stresses of modern life, Jumeirah Port Soller Hotel & Spa in Mallorca is just a 25-minute car transfer from Palma International Airport.