Senior Waiter/ess - Noodle HOuse JBR - Jumeirah Restaurants
About the job
About Jumeirah Group and Jumeirah Restaurants
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Jumeirah Restaurants is a Dubai-based full-service hospitality provider, with an iconic portfolio of acclaimed homegrown brands, specializing in the innovation, nurture and operation of sustainable food and beverage concepts ranging from premium-casual to quick-service restaurants, casual dining venues and food trucks.
Jumeirah Restaurant’s current owned portfolio consists of 11 brands including: The Noodle House, Flow, Pai Thai, Trattoria, The Duck Hook, Hillhouse Brasserie, Boaz, Butcha and Sikka Café.
In addition to operating its owned venues, Jumeirah Restaurants is responsible for Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts’ dining strategy, acting as a consultative arm for the wealth of exceptional culinary experiences and signature venues across Jumeirah’s portfolio.
About the Job:
- The head waiter knows how to read the guest and can apply the appropriate service. Be able to touch all points of service and adapt themselves and their teams to ensure smooth and the best service!
- Head Waiter has impeccable product knowledge of food and beverages. To be aware of all 'red flags'. To have excellent skills of communication while explaining the menu to the customers.
- Has full understanding and working knowledge of rosters, wage/time management and the impact on the P&L. Has full understanding of ADACO, EXCEL, WORD, OUTLOOK and any other programs relevant to day to day operations.
- Must be able to deal with all complaints in a professional and calm manner. The Headwaiter must always attempt to rectify the problem for the best interest of the customer.
- Is responsible for training junior staff on all aspects of service. Is responsible for maintaining and updating all training material.
- Is proactive in making decisions and asking for approval, advice or guidance. Should be flexible and open to suggestions.
- To lead by example with excellent customer service. To always aim to exceed expectation.
- Understands and will assist with the Brand audit and will implement any actions required.
- Is aware of licensing policies and will promote the responsible service of alcohol.
- Prepares roster in line with budget and business requirements for OM approval.
- Is organized both personally and professionally. Is prepared and ready for service.
- Works closely with OM and AOM to develop colleagues and spot stars of tomorrow
- Actively engages with colleagues and customers at all time.
- Communicates and logs all maintenance issues and ensures work is carried out
- Lives the brand standards and inspires junior members of staff to lead by example.
- Understands the importance of shift management and section allocation.
HR and Training
- Is able to train colleagues to suggestively sell, encourages colleagues to work towards goals and targets
- Is able to conduct a probationary appraisal in time and completes and submits all the correct paper work to the OM
- Ensures that all vacation planning is completed, updated and in line with business requirements.
Health and Safety
- To train and maintain excellent standards of cleanliness
- To train and fully comply with all H&S standards.
- Tertiary Education or Diploma in Food & Beverage Management
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a Head Waiter/ess role with standalone/branded restaurants genuine interest in food and service.
- Department: F&B service