Waiter/ess - Bolthole - Jumeirah Restaurants
About the job
About Jumeirah Group and Jumeirah Restaurants
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Jumeirah Restaurants is a Dubai-based full-service hospitality provider, with an iconic portfolio of acclaimed homegrown brands, specializing in the innovation, nurture and operation of sustainable food and beverage concepts ranging from premium-casual to quick-service restaurants, casual dining venues and food trucks.
Jumeirah Restaurant’s current owned portfolio consists of 11 brands including: The Noodle House, Flow, Pai Thai, Trattoria, The Duck Hook, Hillhouse Brasserie, Boaz, Butcha and Sikka Café.
In addition to operating its owned venues, Jumeirah Restaurants is responsible for Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts’ dining strategy, acting as a consultative arm for the wealth of exceptional culinary experiences and signature venues across Jumeirah’s portfolio.
About the Job
- Report to work on time and check schedule the day before
- The ability to greet each guest promptly, courteously and graciously
- Confidently serve guests as per the brand standards and look for ways to go above and beyond the guests’ expectations
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions while being able to confidently describe to a guest and prepare all beverage items as per the standard recipe
- Assess guest’s needs, preferences and make recommendations for alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, snacks etc.
- Follow HACCP procedure according to company standards
- Maintain a clean, safe and healthy working environment
- Work with colleagues to ensure the day to day operation is smooth
- Attend training sessions whether internal or external when required
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with colleagues and guests
- Report any problem or complain related to colleagues or guest to the Outlet in-charge
- Be able to work in another area when needed and take part in cross training when directed
- Carries out any reasonable instruction / duties as directed
- Ensures that problems are brought to manager and/or team leaders attention immediately.
- Can independently operate the cashier system as per the company standards.
- Can run food and communicate with the kitchen with confidence.
- Can take a take away order as per the brand standard. Can package an order for take away or home delivery.
- Can communicate any out of stock items, can inform manager or team leader when stocks are running low.
- Attending all training as required by the business.
- Is able to make simple decisions that affect their own work or the customers experience in a positive manner.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Tertiary Education or Diploma in Food & Beverage Management
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a waiter role with standalone/branded restaurants genuine interest in food and service.
- Can hold a conversation in English with confidence. Listens, understands and acts accordingly.
- Department: F&B service