The Conference and Banqueting Porter has to ensure:
• Function rooms are set up on time and according to the specifications laid out by room plans and function sheets;
• All requests for manual handling are carried out efficiently and up to five star standards;
• The highest level of cleanliness is maintained at all times.
Technical Skills - Attention to detail.
Interpersonal Skills and Shift Pattern:
• Excellent approach to customer service;
• Ability to work alone and as part of a team;
• Strong organisational & communication skills;
• Flexibility toward shift patterns as role will also involve night shifts;
• Working hours are dependent on levels of business.
• To adhere to the hotel regulations and procedures;
• To report all equipment malfunctions and maintenance to the Head Porter;
• Be responsive to the customers and business needs and adapt to their fluctuations.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
• A competitive salary, £9.21 per hour, and benefits package;
• A ground floor opportunity to join a dynamic Events team in an interesting and challenging environment.
Frequented by royalty, celebrities and business leaders since its opening in 1928, the historic Grosvenor House continues its time-honoured tradition for the exceptional style, service and facilities expected from a 5-star luxury hotel in London. Set in Mayfair near museums and landmarks, grand department stores, West End theatres and businesses, this "Grande Dame" of Park Lane offers a quintessentially British experience. With its imposing forecourt graced by the original Lutyens wrought iron gates, striking hotel reception and intimate library, guests are introduced to the approachable elegance that extends throughout richly appointed guest rooms, palatial suites and Executive level rooms to lavish public spaces. Here, dining delights with meticulously prepared and presented cuisine, and an extraordinary afternoon tea.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- London, United Kingdom
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract
JW Marriott Grosvenor House London
The hotel boasts 496 luxurious guest rooms including 73 suites, and offers a wide array of culinary experiences, from elegant, award-winning afternoon tea or a glass of Champagne in The Park Room to an evening cognac at the The Library Bar. For a fantastic dinner, JW Steakhouse embodies the hotel’s historical American connections, allowing guests to indulge in London’s finest steaks in a classic American steak house setting. For a more traditional British setting, enjoy a delicious international meal at Corrigan’s Mayfair. For a drink, enjoy one of the many Bourbons on offer at the Bourbon Bar or experience the famous Red Bar and its unique cocktails.
Near to everything, convenient for everyone, the hotel has an unrivaled range of entertaining space. With 20 meeting rooms in 86 Park Lane including the famous Great Room and the Ballroom, totaling 5,660 square meters, it is one of the most flexible and elegant venues in London for a business or social event, whether entertaining on the grandest scale or working one to one.