Here’s To Your Journey with JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong.
JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong is one of Marriott International’s 30 renowned hotel brands. As the world’s leading Hospitality Company, we offer unmatched opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration.
The JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong located at One Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty is currently hiring a Senior Event Manager.
It’s a powerful feeling, to belong. It’s finishing each other’s thoughts. Laughing at the same jokes. It’s that moment you feel truly and completely yourself. It’s working with people who treat you like family. At Marriott we know that when you feel at home, you’ll make our guests feel at home. If this sounds like the place for you, join us.
Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate housing and related lodging facilities worldwide. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott. Today, Marriott International has more than 6,100 lodging properties located in the United States and 120other countries and territories.
JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong, the first JW Marriott brand in Asia is situated in the prestigious Pacific Place complex, offering 602 luxurious guestrooms; 8 superb food & beverage venues; dedicated events and meeting services; and leisure facilities. Named Aon Hewitt Best Employer in Hong Kong in 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2017, we are looking for people who are passionate about providing exceptional guest service to be part of our dynamic team.
Prepares all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, property departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout the pre-event, event and post-event phases of property events. This position primarily handles complex events. Ensures a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events. Supports and acts on behalf of the Director of Event Management or Director of Event Planning and Operations in his/her absence. Serves as the event planner’s primary contact (following turnover) on property and is responsible for his/her experience.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the event management or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Executing Event Operations
• Solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements if necessary.
• Leads pre-event and post-event meetings for assigned groups.
• Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and works with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges and/or develop alternative solutions.
• Manages customer budgets to maximize revenue and meet customer needs.
• Oversees his/her customer experiences from file turnover through the post event phase until turnover back to sales.
• Conducts pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
• Manages group room blocks and meeting space for assigned groups.
• Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
• Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
Executing the Sales and Marketing Strategy
• Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
• Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process when necessary.
• Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event).
• Manages revenue and profitability associated with events.
• Forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio-visual) for his/her groups.
• Reviews billing and payments with clients.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Makes presence known to customer at all times during entire event process.
• Follows up with customer post-event.
• Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Operations team for the execution of details.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates.
• Coordinates and communicates verbally and in writing with customer (internal and external) regarding event details.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
- Starting in
- As soon as possible