MAJOR FUNCTION 主要功能 :
To assist in the effective management of the hotel’s overall operations accounting function, preparation of revenue reports, analyzes, forecasts and budgets, paying particular attention to ensure all revenues and rebates are accurately accounted for in accordance with Marriott standard operating procedures, local standard operating procedures and uniform standards of accounting for hotels & lodging; maintenance of management information and controls that are consistent with the statutory requirements and property needs.
SPECIFIC DUTIES 工作任務 :
1. Credit Card Processing:
- To perform unannounced audits of Petty Cash disbursements to ensure proper procedures are followed and documentation is obtained.
- Review and signoff the listing and reconciliation of all credit card refunds for the month. The review must include the folio with the original charge, explanation for the refund, approval for the refund, and evidence for the refund as processed against the initiating credit card number
2. Credit Review Meetings
- If DCSO results do not meet the standards established, develop schedules and actions to improve the collection time
- Identify potential issues or concerns and develop schedules and actions to address them
- Ensure the slabs for Accounts Receivable aging are adhered:
0 – 30 Days 64%
31 – 60 Days 24%
61 – 90 Days 8 %
91 – 120 Days 4 %
121 - 150 Days nil
Over 150 Days nil
- Recommend at the credit meeting, whether to send last property collection letter (the purpose of the letter is to inform the guest that the account may be forwarded to hotel attorneys) through registered post
- During credit meeting decide the action schedule for collection
- Comply with ISOP requirements for recommended collection procedures
3. City Ledger Accounting
- Monitor 3 day group departure report to ensure customer bills are being checked out on a timely basis. Work with Accounts Receivable as need to address any issues delaying checkout process
4. Group Master Billing Account (PM Account)
- Organize and maintain the Group Master Billing process and ensure that the bills sent to customers are accurate, complete, timely and consistent
- Ensure billing and collection efforts are working effectively
- Ensure all bills are send within five working days of the customer's checkout
- Ensure the transfer of the guest ledger to city ledger within two or three days of customer check out and the bills within two days of transfer to City Ledger
- Check total of all ledgers (guest/city/desposit/package) to ensure transactions for the prior day have been posted accurately; otherwise resolution is desired timely thru assistance of system administrator etc
- Ensure advance deposit ledger is tracked on a daily basis
5. Revenue integrity
- ensure Banquet revenue audit thru reconciling BEOs and actual revenue booked including appropriate revenue account code, covers, incidental charges etc
- In case of discrepancy in bills, inform Banquet Manager & follow up on resolving discrepancy
- Verification of Rebates by generating report from Opera for Room, F&B and others, and audit if they are properly authorized and with reasonability
- To audit complimentary room listing & approval form are in place, or not; where Revenue is neither overstated nor abused
- Guarantee no shows are follow thru & charges are levied when verified, and prepare track sheet for no show recovery
- Verification of Discount comprises auditing right discounts are offered and agreed with hotel’s policies, vouchers/ card imprint are defaced and done, open discount is scrutinized and volume & authorization certified as per Hotel’s policies
- Rate Variance report is reviewed and ensure rates are applied correctly
- Report discrepancy to Reservation and ensure changes made accordingly
- Daily GRR reports are completed on time, and weekly flash report is sent punctually;
6. Other Audits
- Spot check & surprise audit for Open checks at all F&B outlets by comparing Micros report and physical examination of such at the spot;
- Verification of paid out in accordance with SOPs
- Ensure clearing account is in good shape by comparing GC report, daily bank in receipts;
- Clear all clearing accounts, as required
- All incentives of Front Desk, F&B are properly audited, thus paid on time
7. Daily income Auditor routing report is reviewed & signed off by GM + excomm members on a daily basis, otherwise no gap of more than 4 days is allowed from the date of report.
8. Weekly & monthly summary of rebates, voids etc are prepared & sent out to GM + Excomm’s review
9. Other activities
- To present a good image by providing a courteous and professional services and by handling enquiries graciously and efficiently.
- To work closely with all concerned associates in order to achieve an efficient and cost saving internal control system without loss of revenue.
- To be available frequently in work areas to understand the needs of operations, associates and guests.
- To ensure that the relevant support to a day’s transactions are completed and have been verified for the Director of Finance and General Manager’s review and signature.
- To assist in the preparation of all financial reports of hotel operation, analyze and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- To assist in compiling sales and cash forecasts, financial and capital budgets; to aid managers of other departments by providing historical data or support details.
- To assist in the preparation of returns and statistical reports, which are, required by owner, hotel or local government authorities.
- To be fully acquainted with the established accounting standards, policies and standard operating procedures of Marriott Corporate Office and the hotel.
- To be thoroughly familiar with the duties and responsibilities of all accounting associates under his/her supervision.
- To set guidelines and deadlines for each accounting associate in order to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting.
- To ensure that an organized, up-to-date filing system is maintained for all pertinent financial records, including limitation of access, confidentiality and other preventive measures.
- To audit and review all hotel operation procedures and practices so as to uncover any loopholes and to implement corrective measures accordingly.
- To conduct surprise cash count (at least once a month) of all cash float, petty cash and other major imprest funds.
- To handle all accounting related issues under the directive of the DOF from time to time.
- To assist the DOF to conduct appraises on a regular basis the system of internal controls as per requirement of the “Controller Audit Checklist”.
- To supervise and train accounting associates on the correct standards and procedures and to assist them in handling their work challengers.
- To ensure the established internal control measures are routinely carried out and to highlight discrepancies.
- Together with the assistant Controller and Systems Manager to establish a system of record keeping and storage of computer software backup and ensure that related accounting associates are trained on such procedures.
a. To respond to the changes in departmental functions as dictated by the industry, the company or the hotel.
b. To provide courteous and professional service and to maintain good working relationship with all hotel associates.
c. To have a complete understanding of the hotel associate handbook, Guidelines for Leaders, Business Ethics and to adhere to the regulations contained therein.
d. To have a complete understanding of the hotel policies relating to fire, safety and hygiene.
e. To carry out any other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATION職位要求 :
Profile of Competency
· Able to work independently and supervise the whole related sections
· Thorough knowledge in accounting principles and procedures
· Knowledge in relevant hotel policies
· Ability to provide directions, train subordinates and evaluate their performance
· Ability to provide reference to associates and resolve problem referred
· Ability to liaise with and provide guidance and advice to other department as required
· High standard both in reading, spoken and written English
· Good command of Mandarin both in reading, writing and conversation.
· College graduate
· Accounting trainings in college or CPA firm
Job License資格 / 等級証:
· Semi-final or finalist of public accounting bodies
NOTICE 注意 :
The hotel business functions seven days a week, 24 hours a day. All associates must realize this fact and be aware that at all times it may be necessary to move associates from their accustomed shift as business demands. 同事須明瞭酒店是每周七天、每天二十四小时运转的行業。因應工作需要，上班的班次会随时相應调動。
Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice. 管理層保留在没有提前通知的情况下对工作描述变更的权利。
- Job type
- Shanghai, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration