Assists in the management of all restaurant operations and staff on a daily basis. Areas of responsibility include Restaurants/Bars and Room Service. Supports the department head and assists in directing and working with the food and beverage/culinary management team and employees to successfully execute all restaurant operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, event management, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in the Management of Day-to-Day Operations
• Estimate food, liquor, wine, and other beverage consumption in order to anticipate amounts to be purchased or requisitioned.
• Facilitates pre-meal briefings with the Chef and Restaurant Managers to educate restaurant staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
• Maintains service and sanitation standards in restaurant, bar/lounge and room service areas.
• Order and purchase equipment and supplies.
• Assisists in overseeing the booking and manages service of restaurant parties, special events and room service hospitality suites.
Assisting in Leading Food and Beverage Team
• Helps establish challenging, realistic and obtainable goals to guide operation and performance.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and works with leadership to coach, mentor, or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Acts as a guest service role model for the restaurants, sets a good example of excellent customer service, and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Helps drive compliance with all food & beverage policies, standards and procedures by training, supervising, follow-up and hands on management.
• Reviews all applicable liquor laws with staff.
• Helps establish guidelines for customer service so employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Strives to improve service performance.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Meets with guests on an informal basis during meals or upon departure to obtain feedback on quality of food and beverage, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Responds effectively to guest problems and handles complaints.
• Reviews guest satisfaction feedback with employees to develop appropriate corrective action.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Works with department leader to set clear expectations and objectives and communicates them to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns.
• Administers the performance appraisal process for direct reports.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
• Treats employees fairly and equitably.
• Administers property policies fairly and consistently.
• Interviews and hires employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and or managers.
• Informs and/or update the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Shenzhen, China
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible