Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at : email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pearl Real Estate. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
ONLY SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IF YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF TO BE AN OUTSTANDING SALES PROFESSIONAL AND HAVE A STRONG AND PROVEN SALES BACKGROUND.
- You have a burning desire to succeed, are extremely customer oriented, highly motivated and never say die.
- You develop deep and meaningful rapport with your clients, and communicate with piercing persuasiveness.
- You have the entrepreneurial drive and unwavering determination to expand this hotel's market share.
- You believe you can be the best at almost everything you do and can prove it.
- Pearl Hospitality fosters a creative, entrepreneurial and energetic work environment where people come to work and have fun. We value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to building an empire. We have an exciting opportunity at our multi-award-winning JW Marriott Houston Downtown Hotel. This hotel has been the market leader since its opening. We offer excellent salary and bonus structure, as well as a great opportunity for upward mobility. We also offer a complete benefits package, including Vacation, Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental, Life and 401K.
- The Jr Business Transient Sales Manager is responsible for increasing business through inside and outside sales calls, telephone solicitation, site visits and written communication. This position is responsible for the future development of transient sales. Responsibilities include developing, maintaining and qualifying accounts.
- Must have innate sales ability and enjoy selling your product.
- Must be aggressive and self-motivated to succeed.
- Maximize the profitability of the hotel through creative and selective selling.
- Establishes client base of organizations, associations, and corporate businesses through direct outside and inside sales.
- Develops and maintains relationships with new and existing clients.
- Negotiates guest room rates, meeting room rental, function space, and hotel services within approved booking guidelines.
- Increase hotel revenue by conducting specified weekly sales calls and ensure goal compliance
- Must fully document each sales call
- Fully network and saturate new hotel contacts as well as existing clients
- Maintain up-to-date traces and information on new and ongoing leads and accounts, including solicitation efforts.
- Achieve or Exceed budgeted goals in sales, profit and occupancy for the total hotel operations.
- Maintain communications with DOS, Regional and/or Corp. Staff.
- Oversee clients to inspire the guest's loyalty
- Participate in community and industry organizations representing the hotel
- Manage guest relations
- Ensure compliance with brand standards as well as Pearl standards and procedures
- Maintain effective and open communication
- Foster teamwork
- Achieve monthly room night goals
- Must possess high energy, professionalism and confidence every day and in every way
- Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic leader
- Participate in Pearl required daily and weekly meetings with enthusiasm and commitment to success
- Must be capable to successfully prioritize, delegate, organize and multi-task
- Must assist in creation of annual Marketing Plan and ensure compliance of implementation
- Must be able to conduct daily business with integrity and be ethical at all times
- Treat guests, associates, vendors and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times
- Be able to work well under pressure and meet or beat deadlines
- Capitalize on utilizing brand promotions, marketing, sales programs and resources
- Utilize cross-selling, joint marketing initiatives and other brand synergies
- Ensure compliance of strategies for rate, date and space commitments
- Develop and maintain strategic and tactical plans to maintain current base and increase hotel's share
- Direct efforts to improve market penetration
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Word and Excel
For more information on our company please visit www.pearlhospitality.com
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Houston, TX, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration