Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pearl Real Estate. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Sr. Catering Sales Manager
Our Sr. Catering Sales Manager reports directly to the Director of Catering and Convention Services and is responsible for creating leaders and fostering the Pearl culture within the catering, sales and event management departments for Pearl Hospitality. The Sr. Catering Sales Manager must ignite the human spirit by creating unrivaled hospitality experiences fueled by fun, enthusiasm and compassion that challenge each person to unlock their own potential.
The Sr. Catering Sales Manager is responsible for the successfully selling catering events offsite and inside the hotel as well as achieve excellence through the successful execution, operation, planning, strategy, sales and administration of client events, conferences, meetings and functions. They also are responsible for assisting the Director of Catering and Convention Services with leading the Catering Team with regards to training, leading, mentoring and driving revenue with the Catering Sales Managers. The Sr. Catering Sales Manager must achieve excellence with regards to our superior customer satisfaction and quality execution while exceeding the revenue goals. The Sr. Catering Sales Manager must drive results by exceeding clients needs through active communication, planning and execution of the client events. All hotel operations must be executed at the highest level of professionalism and courtesy.
- Foster teamwork
- Must possess high energy, professionalism and confidence every day and in every way
- Be a highly motivated and enthusiastic leader
- Co-lead the Catering Sales Managers with regards to training and driving revenue
- Participate in the Pearl required meetings with enthusiasm and commitment to success
- Must be capable to successfully prioritize, delegate, organize and multi-task
- Must be able to conduct daily business with integrity and be ethical at all times
- Treat guests, associates, vendors and co-workers with professionalism and respect at all times
- Be able to work well under pressure and meet or beat deadlines
- Implement ongoing methods to increase the meeting planner evaluation scores
- Optimize room rental charges with regards to room to space ratio
- Consistently seek and close new business and participate in the re-booking of repeat business through long-term client relationships
- Thorough knowledge of sales techniques including strong closing and negotiating skills
- Conduct hotel site inspections
- Excellent creative skills to provide innovative set-ups, menus and functions for groups.
- Work closely with banquet department on operations and event execution
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternative solutions and execute a plan of action
- Provide overall direction, coordination and execution of all BEOs generated
- Experience providing Audio Visual equipment and operation of equipment
- Monitor group room blocks and pick up
- Generate detailed resumes for hotel departments
- Timely response to clients e-mails, phone calls or communication
- Ability to work with outside vendors for execution of client events
- Works closely with the accounting department to ensure billing is approved and set-up properly
- Upon conclusion of conference, review final bill and evaluation with meeting planner
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Perform other tasks that are deemed necessary to the success of Pearl, the hotel and the associates
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Houston, TX, United States
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration