Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
To manage the safety and physical security program and to enforce the program within the scope of the hotel requirements. To monitor the day-to-day operations of subordinate security force for the physical security and safety of the hotel assets, in accordance with hotel policies and government regulations. To ensure maximum security and safety of guest and associates.
- 5-7 years previous experience with police, hospitality security and/or military experience
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Desired skills- Arabic speaker
- Computer skills
- English Language
- Well fit
Education or Certification
University degree or relative experience in the Security Management
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Managing Security/Loss Prevention Operations:
- Conduct hazard and risk assessments
- Complies with applicable federal, state and local law and safety regulations.
- Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Supervises and reviews initial incident investigations and promote timely responses for all reported incidents.
- Follows proper key control guidelines in loss prevention and in the property.
- Assists with promotion and implementation of accident and fire prevention procedures.
- Incorporates into patrols, which encompass all areas of the property's interior and exterior, an inspection tour of recording system.
- Follows up on all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the wellbeing of guests and employees.
- Handles complaints, settles disputes, and resolves grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiates with others.
- Promotes action plans to monitor and control risk.
- Oversees all loss prevention operations to include but not limited to patrol process, emergency response, investigations (initial and follow up) for all guest and employee related incidents, shipping and receiving process (makes recommendations for improvement), electronic key system and manager on duties responsibilities.
- Assists with first aid program for guests and employees.
- Assists with the claims process and protects company assets by closely monitoring the General Liability and Worker's Compensation cases.
- Works closely with Meeting Planners to facilitate a successful and safe experience for guests.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Interviews, selects and trains employees.
- Appraises employee’s productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status.
- Provides for the safety and security of the employees or the property.
- Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness.
- Helps direct supervisors to achieve their own development goals.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Meets quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
- Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaches or instructs others.
- Inspects and critiques the performance of the loss prevention department to establish and maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Latest start date
- December 2018
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai
Dubai is a city of awe-inspiring ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world's tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm and now JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, it is a place where dreams come true. Our landmark 5-star hotel in Dubai is set to become one of the region's most desirable destinations, offering a spectrum of business facilities and 14 diverse dining options for the most discerning of travelers. We are a brand synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste, a title given only to the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio. Elevated above Dubai's business district, on Sheikh Zayed Road, our 5-star hotel's height makes us the world’s tallest accommodation. Spread across two iconic towers, the spectacular hotel features exceptional event settings for celebrations of all kinds, an enticing array of relaxing recreational activities, and the sublime SARAY Spa and Health Club. Experience innovative luxury when you stay at one of the leading five-star hotels in Dubai.