To handle all guest requests for At Your Service Department. When not making deliveries, the runner must stock supplies to par levels and remove requested items from rooms when guest is completed with the item. The runner must also be available to perform reasonable tasks from agents, supervisors, team leaders and managers that assist with the satisfaction for the hotel. In addition, the runner should strive for learning the AYS agent position.
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Titles of Direct Reports –0
- Having an experience in similar position for at least 6- 12 months with a great deal interpersonal skills.
- Responsible and reliable
- Basic knowledge of operating electronic devices
- Good level in of physical fitness.
- Minimum High School pass.
- Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Have knowledge of the property, hotel, staff and services including hours of operations.
- Be knowledgeable of the surrounding area. Have thorough knowledge of the guestroom including: location, views, amenities, features, type and facilities.
- Offer the hotel guests the best possible service with exceptional courtesy.
- Make sure amenities are fully stocked.
- Handle and track all amenities (cribs, rollways, electronic devices) delivered to guest rooms on a timely manner, to maintain an accurate inventory, to ensure recovery upon guest departure, and to post the sold items from the AYS storage.
- Take care of good receiving of guest’s faxes/ mails/ messages and make appropriate delivery to the room following proper standards.
- Keep an accurate evidence of entrances in the guest’s rooms with the master key.
- Work in a safe manner with proper handling and lifting.
- Each associate is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management, which the associate is capable of performing.
- Perform a monthly stock inventory for amenities.
- Ensure shoes are properly polished of the guests and sent back as requested.
- Coordinate with agents, team leaders, supervisor or managers regarding the guest requests.
- Be aware of all manual wakeup call handling procedures.
- Be an ambassador by promoting the hotel, restaurant, lounge, gift shops, etc.
- Utilizing all available resources, follow up on previous shift requests are pending issues.
- Be familiar with a directory of information within the hotel and local area information.
- Be aware of emergency procedures according to hotel policies & procedures and follows Supervisor/Manager’s instructions.
- Be familiar with all job aids, policies and procedures related to Front Office operations.
- Be Flexible to work various shifts around the business needs to assist all front office sections.
- Have strong organizational skills; always practice “Clean as you go”
- Report to work on time with proper uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance and other grooming standards must comply with the standard of the hotel.
- At all times strive to represent Marriott in the most professional, courteous manner.
- Be proactive in your job, giving proper handover to other colleagues/department head and to follow through.
- Showing positive attitude and inculcating the same within the team members.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Attend all scheduled department meetings.
- Maintain cleanliness and neatness of work area.
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity, respect and integrity.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible