• 2 years’ experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area
• Previously a sales executive/manager in 4/5 star hotel.
• Experience of selling in GCC countries desirable but not essential.
• Marriott sales experience is desirable but not essential.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Event Booking Center, Market Sales, Strategic Accounts) to ensure sales efforts are coordinated, complementary and not duplicative.
• Targets group/catering accounts, markets, or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation.
• Partners with group/catering counterpart to effectively manage the business opportunity.
• Responds to incoming group/catering opportunities for the hotel that are outside parameters of the Event Booking Center.
• Handles all opportunities if hotel does not participate in an EBC.
• Identifies, qualifies and solicits new group/catering business to achieve personal and each hotel’s revenue goals.
• Focuses efforts on group/catering accounts with significant potential sales revenue.
• Handles complex business with significant revenue potential as well as significant customer expectations.
• Develops effective group/catering sales plans and actions.
• Maximizes revenue by upselling packages and creative food and beverage.
• Understands the overall market -competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs.
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
• Utilizes Marriott Global Source for resources and information (e.g., Training Energizers, etc.).
• Leverages available eTools (e.g., eRooming Lists, eProposals, Passkey, etc.).
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for group/catering sales opportunities.
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff.
• Supports brand’s Service and Relationship Strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Provides excellent customer service in order to grow share of the account.
• Executes brand’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
• Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand (i.e., MHR Spirit to Serve Daily Basics, RHR Savvy
Service Basics, Courtyard, Spring Hill Suites, Fairfield Inn Basics of the Day, Residence Inn Daily Huddle, or Towne Place Suites Morning Meeting).
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
• Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration