Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world’s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region’s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world’s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai’s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience..
Provide senior leadership to manage the functionality and safety of the hotel facility, including the physical building/s, mechanical equipment, electrical system/s, heating and cooling systems and life safety systems and assets, in accordance with local laws and regulations. Assigns work, supervises staff and verifies and documents the completion of all routine maintenance and repairs in the property maintenance management system. Directly manage operating budget/cost controls (checkbook accounting) and execute capital projects, as assigned. Directs outside contractors, communicates with municipality officials and inspects quality of work by staff. Responds and coordinates responses to guest calls and emergency situations. Responsible for interviewing, training & development, supervising, counseling, scheduling and evaluating staff to maintain set standards.
- Minimum 6 years of related work experience in a 5-star Hotel; with 3 years of leadership experience.
- Operations experience in facilities and engineering management.
- Strong project management skills and leadership.
- Strong customer focus/perspective and relationship skills.
- Strong commitment for team success.
- Demonstrated skills in effective budget and scheduling management.
- Ability to positively motivate teams and individuals.
- Proven skills in identifying and developing leaders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience leading a multi-disciplined technical team.
- Degree or Higher Diploma in Engineering / Technical Field
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Tour hotel complex daily, identifying items requiring engineering, housekeeping or other departmental actions
- Verify procedures and guidelines for guestrooms, Plant/Equipment, public spaces, grounds, landscaping, and building envelop, etc.
- Effectively supervise, train, and assign tasks to and follow-up with engineering staff to ensure maximum productivity.
- Understand all Brand/Product related issues and procedures; as well as all problem tracking procedures and is working to correct them.
- Understand the engineering records and filing system to support R&M Budget, PM Programs, Capital Budget, Capital Projects, Life Safety systems & Inspections etc
- Hire, train and mentor Asst Engineering Managers & Supervisors; provide open communication and recommend discipline when appropriate
- Conduct performance reviews and solve internal issues
- Follow prescribed safety procedures and emergency plans for personnel and equipment by the company and according to local laws and regulations.
- Participate in effective energy management and preventative maintenance programs and conduct specific training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel.
- Make detailed plans to accomplish departmental business goals. Shall attend all scheduled meetings, as requested, and contributes actively with proper preparation.
- Maintain engineering related checkbook accounting procedures to ensure performance within departmental expense plans, while maintaining required stock of supplies and materials
- Confer with higher levels of management
- Responsible for (direct) contracts’ administration with contractors/vendors, as assigned.
- Establish & implement company administrative policies, procedures, and standards
- Liaison with other Managers to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Leads the daily briefing with department team members on current key activities.
- Anticipate and respond to guest issues and establish proactive processes to promote guest satisfaction.
- Liaises with 3rd party vendors/contractors, as assigned
- Maintaining a safe and hygienic work environment & Performing related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Carry out senior Engineering Leadership instructions or other designated person of authority
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Engineering & Maintenance
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration