Manage all front desk operations to ensure that all hotel policies, procedures, regulations and standards are followed.
Ensuring that front desk operations runs smoothly in a professional manner at all times.
Perform all front desk related responsibilities and duties when assigned or required.
Ensure appropriate and adequate training of all front desk associates and supervisors including all on-the-job, off-the-job and 15min training.
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 3
- Titles of Direct Reports – Front Desk Agent, Front Supervisor & Asst.Front Desk Manager
- Adequate experience in a similar supervisory position within front office department minimum 3 years within high volume 4 or 5 star hotel.
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Team player, pro-active and reliable
- Problem Solving and Complain Handling
- Development, Coaching and Training skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Opera/Marsha/IMS/Guestware/Microsoft office and other systems knowledge
- Good level of English essential
Technical Acumen: Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Operating Procedures - Knowledge of Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) that apply to job. Knowledge of procedures for wake-up services, room and property amenities, property specific programs/promotions, Marriott Rewards program and local attractions.
- Problem Resolution – Ability to record, track and resolve guest problems via property software (i.e. GuestWare, Opera etc.), handle emergencies, and effectively deal with customer issues and complaints
- Basic Computer Skills – Using basic computer hardware and software
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems. The ability to add, subtracts, multiply, or divides quickly and correctly.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Be familiar with Hotel services, operational hours and ongoing promotions.
- Have a thorough knowledge of JW Marriott Marquis Dubai products and services.
- Be fully aware of the Marriott Brand standard compliance requirements for all front office sections.
- Maintain good working relationship with all hotel departments.
- Have a good knowledge of local area and surrounding facilities. Provide recommendations and direction to guests whenever needed.
- Check House Count to establish selling strategy for the shift. Monitoring it regularly during shift and responding to any changes.
- Ensure daily all forms of communication are used to full capacity and relevant information is handed over to the next shift throughout the shift and briefings.
- Demonstrate and promote quality awareness amongst front office team. Seek ways to improve and maintain guest satisfaction scores for all front desk associates.
- Ensure smooth check-in and check-out of all guests, and proper handling of all guest accounts.
- Ensure that all concerned departments are informed in regards of room moves, no-shows, early arrivals, special requests, repeat guests or other guest preferences.
- Be fully aware of Credit Policy and supervise compliance. Inform your manager and concerned departments about any possible credit risks.
- Have thorough knowledge of operational requirements for the front desk area.
- Be familiar and promote Marriott Rewards Program and encourage all front office associates in order to achieve monthly target.
- Have a thorough knowledge on virtual concierge and ensure that all guest requests and information updated in OPERA and communicated to other departments.
- Have a thorough knowledge of OPERA, MARSHA, IMS, Guestware and other front office related operational software.
- Be familiar with all S.O.P.s and L.S.O.P.s relating to the front office operations
- Be aware of remedial steps to be taken to rectify Housekeeping discrepancies.
- Support and practice Empowerment within front office
- Ensure that each associate has a development plan and trained accordingly
- Be able to work various shifts around the business needs to assist all front office sections.
- Identify and resolve guests problems efficiently and resolve to the guest satisfaction
- Ensure that LEARN and 5W’s methods are followed whilst dealing with constructive guest feedback and ensure that all concerned application are filled and concerned departments are informed
- Have a thorough knowledge of all Emergency Procedures
- Supervise guest registration and all relevant registration details required by the UAE law.
- Assuring that all front desk associates are continually updated with hotel rates, packages and discounts
- Regularly conduct PCI audits in order to ensure compliance according to Marriott International standards.
- Be security conscious at all times and inform Manager on Duty of anything suspicious.
- Identify guest service shortages and recommend improvements accordingly.
- Ensure all front desk associates have a clear guidelines and direction to perform their daily duties
- Report to work on time with proper uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance and other grooming standards must comply with the standard of the hotel.
- Develop knowledge about frequent guests and their special requests and needs. Ensure the information is updated and maintained in guest profiles accordingly.
- Utilizing all available resources, follow up on previous shift requests and pending issues.
- Each associate is expected to carry out, within their capabilities, all reasonable requests by management
- Be flexible according to the business need
- Have an excellent approach to customer service
- Have strong organizational skills; always practice “Clean as you go”
- At all times strive to represent Marriott in the most professional, courteous manner.
- Be able to perform any additional scope of duties if requested by the Management.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible