To supervise the Guest Relations team and oversee
the daily operations including lobby presence, checklist completion,
personalized VIP services, and driving guest engagement throughout the hotel. Guest
Relations Supervisor would be expected to respond to guest complaints and
conduct guest follow-up (both written and verbal). Guest Relations Supervisor
will also liaise with Front Office peers to ensure consistency with Opera/
Cashiering functions for the Guest Relations role, department training,
induction of newly joined associates, and assist Assistant Guest Relations
Manager and / or Guest Relations Manager with administrative functions. This
role would also require constant inter-departmental communication and collaboration
and would assist Assistant Guest Relations Manager and / or Guest Relations
Manager with driving JW Marriott brand initiatives within the Front
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 2
- Titles of Direct Reports – Guest Relations Team Leader
- Minimum 1 year experience as Guest Relations/Front Desk/Executive Lounge – Supervisor in a five star hotel
- Strong communication & hospitality skills
- Ability to solve problems and complaints handling
- Coordination skills
- English language skills both written and spoken, any additional language preferable Arabic is an advantage
- Attention to details
- Training skills
- Motivating & team player
- Computer literate; MS Office, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point & knowledge of Opera is mandatory
- College Graduate-Preferred or equitant Hotel Studies is an added advantage
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Responsible for the efficient and professional running of the Guest Relations department, including relationships with other departments.
- Ensure smooth check-in and check-out of all guests, through properly handling guest accounts.
- Deal with any guest requests and problems and satisfy their needs within acceptable guidelines.
- Be prepared to perform al front desk related functions (including AYS, business center, concierge, and guest relations).
- Lead by example: provide a gracious and aggressive hospitality towards all customers.
- Be highly familiar and adhere to all policies, procedures and standards.
- Assist all associates with questions, problems which might occur.
- During peak hours, be in the lobby to ensure efficient and smooth service is provided to all customers.
- Create a productive and positive atmosphere at the desk; have a good relationship with all associates and other departments.
- Act empowered and uses TQM tools and guidelines – also empower all associates to provide an outstanding service by using their empowerment guidelines.
- Be a problem seeker and solver.
- Ensure that work area is clean, neat and organized.
- Plan department meetings on a monthly basis and conduct them.
- Constantly audit all desk work for accuracy and consistency. Coach and counsel staff when appropriate.
- Ensure that all supplies are all maintained.
- Bank out cashiers at the end of each shift according to the blind drop procedure.
- Be prepared to work the night shift when needed.
- Check opening house count and establish rate to be quoted during the day with the reservations/ revenue department.
- Review discrepant rooms regularly.
- Endure that all Marriott Rewards, VIP guests and repeat guests are identified; recognized, pre-blocked and special treatment or amenities are brought to the room.
- Determine weekly schedule, adjust according to business demands.
- Complete work or special projects as assigned and make sure to meet due dates.
- Work together with staff on the same level, train and retrain on progressive hospitality skills, technical skills and communication skills.
- Train and develop the staff
- Report to work on time with proper uniform, including name badge and Marriott Basic card. Personal appearance must comply with the standard of the hotel.
- Check information board, daily event sheet, be up to date and informed about daily operations.
- Check with your immediate supervisor for additional information and tasks
- Have knowledge about sales strategy, packages, promotions, discounts and know how to handle these and how they relate to other departments.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the products, including hotel rooms, type of rooms, amenities, services of hotel, etc.
- Develop knowledge about frequent guests and their special requests and needs.
- Be familiar with cultural differences in order to meet different customer needs.
- Must have OPERA and MARSHA skills.
- Be able to work according to budget; keep constant eye on staffing level and control costs as mish as you can.
- Be knowledgeable about etiquette and protocols.
- Be familiar with all emergency plans and be able to act upon them.
- Use your passwords with discretion; always log off terminal when not working. Control that all associates are also doing that.
- Have a good knowledge about the city and the environment.
- Report any unusual occurrences immediately to your superior.
- Have a thorough knowledge of TQM principles and empowerment.
- At all times strive to represent Marriott in the most professional, courteous manner.
- Be responsible for guest profiles in OPERA.
- Conducts hospitality audits for Guest Relations Associates
- Responsible of the training, coaching and mentoring the existing staff new joiners
- Ensure monthly one to one meetings with associates and team leaders on their progress of Goals and general discipline.
- Ensures progressive discipline in the team as per JW Marriott Standards especially direct reports
- Highlight, prepare and oversee the arrival experience for 2 and 3 bedroom suite bookings, ensuring all team members are aware including penthouse. In charge of penthouse reservations, arrangements and butler service
- Elite members are highlighted, prepared for and also courtesy call completed to ensure maximum satisfaction
- Preferences identified for Thoughtful gestures to be completed
- Initiate and Involve in additional projects and duties as assigned by leaders and ensure the tasks are done within the deadline
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Rooms division, Guest Relations
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Latest start date
- September 2018