Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world’s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region’s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world’s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai’s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
Ensure the safety of all guests using the pool and pool areas & adhered to guideline set on Safety and hygiene. Keep the area clean and well maintained. Ensure water hygiene and safety standards are met with basic equipment.
Promote, sell spa services and introduce spa to the guests at pool area including retail offerings related to the Spa and recreation. Frequently check with guest to promote comfort, safety and security. Clean, check and maintain pool areas. Frequency checks pool equipment at the end of the shift. Handle inappropriate guest behavior by following Marriott International standard operating procedures. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors, Spa Assistant Manager and Spa Manager.OPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports -None
- Titles of Direct Reports – NoneNDIDATE PROFILE
- Minimum 2years of experience in the same field
Skills and Knowledge
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Able to get on well with people from many different backgrounds
- Able to work under pressure at times
- Ability to be versatile
- Able to do shift work
- Well presented
- Clear speech
- Must be able to work in extreme heat
- Good general health
- Ability to carry weights
- Self-motivated - able to work on their own
- Good eye sight
- Good physical health
Education or Certification
- Min. 21 years of age
- Qualified with lifeguard and first aid certificate
- Excellent swimmer
- Minimum HSLC or above
- To have worked in hotels before as a lifeguard CIFIC DUTIES
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Balanced Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market share.
- To ensure that you are always courteous and friendly to guests, attentive to their needs, handle problems in a professional manner and are conscious of the importance of safety.
- To be responsible for the safety and well-being of all Hotel guests and Club members using the swimming pool, Jacuzzi and surrounding facilities.
- To be responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of all areas and equipment.
- To welcome prospective members in a professional and courteous manner, providing them with a full explanation and orientation of the swimming pool, Jacuzzi, pool bar and surrounding facilities, together with the services available and to promote and sell memberships.
- To control the use of the facilities and ensure that un-authorized persons are not permitted to enter and use the swimming pool facilities unless they are a Hotel guest or Club member.
- To liaise with the pool bar associates and waiters/waitresses in providing food and beverage service to Hotel guests and Club members and to assist the Food & Beverage Department when setting up for pool-side functions.
- To liaise with the Recreation Manager/Supervisor in setting up and running a time table of swimming lessons, aqua aerobics etc. and to help organize special events i.e. swimming gala etc.
- To keep daily record books and log all information such as pool test results, accident reports, complaints, maintenance requirements etc.
- To provide first aid treatment in the event of any accident or injury to a guest or Club member.
- To be responsible in the event of staff sickness, emergency etc. to carry out cleaning duties in any part of the Health club or swimming pool area as requested by the Recreation Manager/Supervisor.
- To carry out duties allocated by the Cleaning supervisor
- Moving sun beds, umbrellas and pool furniture
- Cleaning pool deck every morning with housekeeping team.
- Keep pool deck and change rooms clean and tidy during the day.
- Enforcing all club rules and ensuring a safe environment for all guests using the pool facilities.
- Checking pool chemical twice daily and monitoring the results.
- Report any chemical imbalance to engineering
- To be aware of Health and safety regulations
- Any other assigned task
- Complete your daily checklist.
Safety and Security
Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Recreation & Leisure
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai
Dubai is a city of awe-inspiring ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world's tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm and now JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, it is a place where dreams come true. Our landmark 5-star hotel in Dubai is set to become one of the region's most desirable destinations, offering a spectrum of business facilities and 14 diverse dining options for the most discerning of travelers. We are a brand synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste, a title given only to the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio. Elevated above Dubai's business district, on Sheikh Zayed Road, our 5-star hotel's height makes us the world’s tallest accommodation. Spread across two iconic towers, the spectacular hotel features exceptional event settings for celebrations of all kinds, an enticing array of relaxing recreational activities, and the sublime SARAY Spa and Health Club. Experience innovative luxury when you stay at one of the leading five-star hotels in Dubai.