Responsibility of VIP arrival and departure. Coordinate with guest relations for any special arrangement, in-room check-in, meet & greet all VIP and Royal family upon arrival. And look after VIP who attending events in-house. Supervise also advice the team for special local occasion.
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 1
- Titles of Direct Reports – Director of Protocol
Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related
• Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Management of Financial Resources - Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
• Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
• Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
• Job Specific Computer Skills - Using computer hardware and software specific to job (e.g., MARSHA, PMS, SFA, NGS, Delphi, Point of Sale, HR technology).
Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
• Management of Material Resources - Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
• Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
• Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
• Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
• Adaptability - Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
• Building Trust - Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair and respectful way; giving others confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
• Communication - Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and helping them understand and retain the message.
• Customer Focus - Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships; actively seeking information to understand and address customers' needs.
• High Work Standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
• Planning and Organizing - Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
• Problem Solving/Decision Making - Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
• Stress Tolerance - Ability to maintain stable performance and positive relationships with others while under pressure or opposition.
Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills - Demonstrates a satisfactory level of position-related t
- High School
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Responsible of Preparing the VIP arrivals list and following up to make sure of the smoothly check in.
- Responsible of retrieving all the information about the VIP guest and the entire preparation of the VIP arrival (Checking the rooms, know what the guest needs etc.)
- Responsible of organizing the team for the arrival of VIPs reservation as well as VIPs attending Events.
- Responsible of team duties in weekend according to the hotel occupancy as well as Events.
- Responsible of retrieving all the necessary information from Guest Relation, Room Controllers, Events and Restaurant reservation in regards to VIP Arrival.
- Responsible for all VIP Reservations, Rooms, Restaurant, Ballroom for events and follow about guest satisfaction and prepare the daily brief report.
- Responsible of supporting the Guest Relations, front office and loss prevention departments upon request.
- Responsible of dealing with the police or any government department as needed during duty hours.
- Responsible of Team Empowerment and development.
- Responsible of arranging duty timing for the team and follow up.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Rooms division
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Latest start date
- December 2018