Maximizes revenue through increased bookings across all segments of the hotel. Provides an efficient and effective process to quickly handle customer enquiries within pre-defined parameters. Communicates booking information to all relevant departments. Effectively presents and sells all conference and banqueting products which meet customer needs.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time/Part Time position based at the JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Titles of Direct Reports – 0
- Previous experience within a sales administration environment and EBC office
- Sales and co-ordination experience with relevant comparable market
- Strong administrative and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of sales data and its use
- Proven record of sales achievement
- Is proactive
- Keyboard skills and computer input
- Good selling skills and understanding of sales processes; can bring a sale to closure
- Possesses excellent telephone sales skills
- Good customer development and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of all Marriott Lodging products, cultures and brand strategies
- Basic understanding of need time strategy as developed by Revenue Management
- Knowledge of contractual agreements and legal implications
- Knowledge of food trends, food and beverage composition and menu planning
- Good sales skills to upsell products and services
- Ability to manage and balance group and local business
- Basic Knowledge of group business
- Ability to implement successful sales strategies for multiple properties
- Knowledge of operations and associated challenges for all brands
- Effective decision making skills
- Ability to influence others
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems including SFA, NGS, Delphi, PMS, MARSHA etc.
- Good analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Convert business through proposal, negotiation and contractual agreement to ensure all revenue potential and targets are achieved.
- Liaise closely with clients to establish needs and expectations and maintain records to develop sales opportunities.
- Responds to telephone/email inquires/ requests for group business in the defined timeline.
- Create and maintain accurate customer meeting/event records in Opera capture feedback and make suggestions for adapting offering.
- Suggests positive alternatives through cross-referrals, and ensures that business booked is within hotel parameters. Processes all correspondence within acceptable agreed time lines.
- Monitor developments, innovations and best practice across the estate and competitor organizations and implement any process that will improve sales performance.
- Ensure follow up takes place with clients and opportunities are sought for repeat bookings.
- Support other hotel associates on their development of sales awareness and selling skills.
- Prepares and maintains accurate account information and profiles in Opera
- Ensure that all sales opportunities are effectively cross-referred where possible using the appropriate cross-sell protocol.
- Produces contracts, proposals, BEO’s and other related booking documentation.
- Ensure strong knowledge of cluster Conference & Events products and selling strategies.
- Utilizes selling skills to book all aspects of meeting in one phone call.
- Proficiency in meeting room set-ups, A/V, and other support services
- Strong knowledge of all hotels in the cluster; selling features, benefits and objectives
- Understanding of contract management and legalities.
- Maximize revenue by up-selling creative F & B and other event options
- Understand need hotels strategy as developed by revenue management
- Understand and achievement of team and individual goals
- Systems and software knowledge (Opera, Microsoft Office, Internet, Marriott Global Source)
- Perceive the wider impact of issues on the immediate business environment
- Communicate the vision in the way that generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment.
- Focus on the customer and find ways to meet, exceed their expectations
- Build productive relationships with colleagues both internally and externally
- Identify and manage the best resources to effectively deliver project plans.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Sales & Marketing
- Starting in
- As soon as possible