Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world’s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region’s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world’s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai’s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
Position has responsibility for supervising and coordinating activities of employees delivering spa & recreation services, including salon, skin care, program coordination, reservations, reception desk, massage and locker room areas. Position focuses on ensuring guest and employee satisfaction and achieving the operating budget.
Minimum 4years’ experience as a manager in the Spa / recreation operations or related professional area.Skills and Knowledge
Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Analytical/Critical Thinking - The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in complex data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.Education or Certification
Spa training or experienced certificate
Post Graduate not required-Any specialization
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Assisting and Caring for Others - Providing personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
Demonstrating Knowledge - Demonstrating knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
Managing Daily Operations of the area or department - Managing day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
Modeling Appropriate Behaviors - Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors. Adapting and role modeling brand standards at all times
Training and inspecting the team on sanitation, maintenance of the facilities etc on a daily basis.
Walking around all areas such as pool, retail, gym, spa etc. regularly to observe any issues and or concerns regarding standards and or maintenance.
Responsible for AES in the department by role modeling Marriott culture and holding everyone accountable fairly and consistently.
Training and developing the team to execute all job responsibilities.
Motivate and hold team accountable
Walk the talk and align with managers to ensure positive environment.
Responsible for guest voice and tripadvisor results by training, role modeling and by holding people accountable.
Responsible for sales and profit
Responsible for Marketing and developing sales and revenue.
Supervising Associates - Supervising and managing associates. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding associate positions well enough to perform duties in associates' absence.
Exceeding Customer Expectations - Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention
Coaching and Developing Others - Identifying the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
Improving Service - Improving service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed
Ordering, managing, and providing Supplies - Ordering and managing necessary supplies. Ensuring workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
Scheduling Work and Activities - Scheduling events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
Administering Performance Appraisals - Participating in the performance appraisal system process, giving feedback when needed
Ensuring Communication of Expectations and Objectives - Ensuring that expectations and objectives are clearly communicated to subordinates; subordinates are also open to raise questions and/or concerns
Supporting Management of Spa & Recreation Operations and Budgets: Assumes the responsibilities of the Spa Director in his/her absence.
- Manages overall operations of spa & recreation department.
- Ensures all employees have the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Comprehends budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Manages supplies and equipment inventories within budget.
- Maintains cleanliness of spa & recreation and related areas and equipment.
- Manages pool and activities staff to ensure brand standards of hospitality and cleanliness are met.
- Ensures all facilities are in appropriate operating condition.
- Schedules work/repairs as needed with the Director of Services and Engineering Department.
- Maintains and enforces safety standards and procedures with the spa & recreation staff.
- Ensures appropriate fees are charged to guests and that proper cash handling procedures are followed by all members of the spa & recreation staff.
- Selects and ensures appropriate training and certification of all spa & recreation staff.
- Schedules and maintains appropriate coverage of all spa & recreation operations.
- Manages spa & recreation department man-hours and expenditures as budgeted.
- Provides ongoing coaching and training to staff members.
- Makes final decisions regarding the opening and closing of the pools and spas, based on weather and condition of facility.
- Understands the impact of department's operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and managing to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring and Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focusing on continuous improvement.
- Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizing an "open door" policy and reviewing employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources as necessary.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and providing feedback to individuals.
- Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
- Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Supports a spa & recreation orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Supervises on-going training initiatives and conducting training when appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensuring employees do the same within the team.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
- Assists the Spa Director in managing the day-to-day operations of the spa, gym, pool & any other recreation facilities as necessary.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Spa & Wellness
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai
Dubai is a city of awe-inspiring ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world's tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm and now JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, it is a place where dreams come true. Our landmark 5-star hotel in Dubai is set to become one of the region's most desirable destinations, offering a spectrum of business facilities and 14 diverse dining options for the most discerning of travelers. We are a brand synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste, a title given only to the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio. Elevated above Dubai's business district, on Sheikh Zayed Road, our 5-star hotel's height makes us the world’s tallest accommodation. Spread across two iconic towers, the spectacular hotel features exceptional event settings for celebrations of all kinds, an enticing array of relaxing recreational activities, and the sublime SARAY Spa and Health Club. Experience innovative luxury when you stay at one of the leading five-star hotels in Dubai.