Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Turnberry Associates. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Reporting to the Hotel General Manager and partnering closely with the executive leadership team, the Director of People + Culture will be responsible for aligning the JW Marriott Nashville Human Resources programs and processes to the Turnberry values of quality, integrity, and providing relentless focus on delivering the best quality in everything we do.
Along with a team of HR professionals (currently four people), the Director of People + Culture will be responsible for establishing and maintaining best-practice, efficient, and effective human resource services, to include talent acquisition, employee relations, training and performance development, internal communication, and company events.
The Director of People + Culture must have a passion for solving complex organizational and people challenges, cultivating culture and building strong teams, selecting extraordinary talent, coaching managers, and implementing best practices.
Examples of Duties (includes but is not limited to the following):
- Build out and execute the company's people strategy, including performance management, employee engagement, talent acquisition, talent retention, compensation and benefits, employee and manager training, and culture-building initiatives
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal employment laws
- Manage a team of human resource management professionals and provide them the necessary support to thrive in their role's supporting the organization's people and fostering its culture
- Develop appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the Company. Included in this area but not limited only to the following would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, Internal Guest complaints, and career development
- Coach managers on employee relations and manage difficult situations to resolution
- Advise on strategic organizational and compensation structure to ensure our people objectives are being met
- Understand organizational goals and recommend new approaches and policies to aid in the development of the team; align our people practices with our business objectives
- Partner with leaders to assess, create and execute their personal talent development plans and provide coaching and other needed support resources to build and strengthen their management knowledge, skills and performance
- Facilitate and ensure integrity of the performance management process and guide leaders through personnel decisions and cases
- Contribute to the JW Marriott Nashville's Leadership Team, bringing a voice, experience and passion for diversity, equity, inclusion and organization culture
- Build trust with Internal Guests at all levels of the organization and be an active listener and proactive problem solver
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English
- Professional demeanor appropriate for a luxury environment
- Greater than eight (8) years of HR operations management experience, preferably in Hospitality
- Strong generalist experience required with knowledge of core HR functions
- Competency in Microsoft software, especially Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Must be self-directed, highly organized, detail oriented
- Commitment to the JW Marriott Nashville's core values: be bold, cool luxury, outrageously energetic, plugged in and out.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Masters in Human Resources related degree preferred
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM Certification preferred
- High integrity
- Passion for results
- Process oriented and data analytical decision driven
- Strong resiliency and able to overcome objectives and lead change
- Collaborative, team oriented and adept at building positive and influential relationships
- Strong combination of intelligence and self-awareness
- Hands-on management style
- Innovative thinker - can challenge the organization to be curious, question the status quo, and adopt new approaches
- Inspiring and influencing - connect with people in ways that generate enthusiasm and commitment
- Encourages direct and open discussion, and capable of modeling such a style
- Talent Acquisition Manager
- People + Culture Manager
- Training and Performance Development Manager
- People + Culture Administrative Assistant
JW Marriott Nashville is a drug-free workplace.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Nashville, TN, United States
- Human Resources
- Starting in
- As soon as possible