Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : http://www.jwsavannahjobs.com/
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Beginning in the Fall 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah’s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
You will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Free Employee Menu!
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!•Largest Hospitality Employer in Savannah – growth opportunities are unlimited!
•Largest Hospitality Employer in Savannah – growth opportunities are unlimited!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•Discounted Bus Passes
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)/year – start accruing right away!
•Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
*****This position is expected to start 4 months prior to opening date*****
Objective / Purpose
The overall objective and purpose of the Assistant Food and Beverage Director position is to assist the Director of Food and Beverage in coordinating, supervising and directing all property food and beverage operations while maintaining a profitable F&B department and high quality products and service levels. The incumbent is responsible for marketing creative ideas to promote business; reduce turnover; maintain revenue and payroll budgets and meet budgeted productivity while keeping quality consistent with Company standards. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the Food & Beverage Department in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Areas of Responsibility (AOR)
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Taking orders from the director and bring them to the staff.
- Discuss the budget and accordingly plan the inventory, chart menu cards along with their prices in the approval of the director.
- Supervise over the activities of the staff to get the desired tastes to the likes of the customers.
- Oversee the duties carried out on day to day basis; provide the inventory and funds required on need.
- Watch over the paper work done while noting down day to day expenses, direct the staff to record the daily expenses incurred.
- Arrange meetings on daily basis to speak about the desirable changes in the interest of the staff to ensure smooth functioning of the orders.
- Responsible to handle the inside matters to enhance the image of the hotel industry in the satisfaction of the consumers.
- Monitor and control payroll and other expenses
- Helps with directing food and beverage services organizational strategies by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to functional strategic thinking and direction.
- Participate in weekly department head meetings, Event Order meetings and individual meetings as needed to meet business plan objectives and provide the appropriate communication and direction.
- Analyzes trends, prepares critical measurements, develops the F&B business plan; addresses customers, profits, associates and markets with the hotel management team; implements production, productivity, quality and guest-service strategies, designs systems solves problems; implements change
- Helps with the Implementation of food and beverage financial strategies by anticipating requirements, trends and variances; development of budgets and capital expenditure plans; development of action plans, measures and analyzes results, initiation of corrective actions, minimizing the impact of variances
- Approves menus by consulting with Director of Food and Beverage, executive chef, beverage manager, room service manager and banquet managers; reviews potential F&B menus; evaluates popularity of past menu options and availability of seasonal food ingredients and wines; anticipates food and beverage consumption and estimates cost of ingredients; minimizing waste; approving orders with suppliers; monitors the evaluation of the quality of product
- Controls F&B supplies by meeting with sales representatives; negotiating prices and contracts; developing preferred supplier lists; reviewing and evaluating usage reports; analyzing variances; taking corrective actions.
- Keeps F&B equipment operating by enforcing adherence to operating instructions
- Maintains safe, secure, legal and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing sanitation and quality of food and beverage preparation and service standards and procedures; monitors conformance to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission; enforcing sanitation and legal regulations of all kitchens, bars and service areas.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand guest service requirements.
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
- Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- F&B Outlet Managers and Supervisors
- Banquets Managers and Captains
- To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Director of Food and Beverage
- VP of Operations
- Area VP of Human Resources
- Executive Chef
- Education, License, Certifications, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related training equivalent - required
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – required
- Work Environment / Conditions
- The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Savannah, GA, United States
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract