Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : http://www.jwsavannahjobs.com/
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Beginning in the Fall 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah’s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
You will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Free Employee Meals!
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
•Largest Hospitality Employer in Savannah – growth opportunities are unlimited!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $22/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•Discounted Bus Passes
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• 23 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)/year – start accruing right away!
•Enjoy the Holidays! We offer Seven (7) paid holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
*****This position is expected to start 4 months prior to opening date*****
Purpose / Objective
The overall objective and purpose of the Executive Sous Chef position is to oversee all production in the kitchen and banquet area to ensure consistent, high quality product is produced while maintaining the operating budget. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions.
Areas of Responsibility
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains a file of recipes, including ingredients, portions, and directions for preparation and presentation of each dish.
- Set Standards and methods for portion control for each dish on the menu, with the perceived value factor in mind.
- Ensures all recipes are followed exactly and consistently.
- Assumes responsibility for kitchen in absence of Executive Chef.
- Monitors inventory on a daily basis to ensure proper levels and quality
- Conforms to all company specifications when dealing with vendors and in developing vendor’s agreements.
- Assist with and maintains job descriptions for each kitchen position to include, skills, knowledge, and abilities.
- Achieves budgeted labor cost and food cost.
- Arranges training of staff on the proper use and cleaning of equipment and cleaning supplies.
- Periodically reviews the job performance of staff through the use of performance reviews.
- Acts as an example and enforces the hotels culture in the kitchen.
- Assist with organizing kitchen meetings at least once a month.
- Participates in Grand Performer performance appraisals and progressive discipline as required.
- Assist Executive Chef with developing and coaching staff.
- Participates and attends manager meetings and all other mandatory meetings.
- Maintains the kitchen cleanliness and organization standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight time frames while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards
- Effectively motivate associates and maintain a cohesive team
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Ability to work with and understand financial information, data and basic arithmetic functions clients as well as industry contacts
- Ability to maintain and build relationships with existing and potential clients as well as industry contacts
To perform this role successfully, an individual must cultivate successful relationships with the following individuals to achieve alignment and support.
- Vice President of Food & Beverage Concepts
- Vice President of Food & Beverage Operations
- F&B Director
- Property Ops Team
Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- Outlet Chefs
- Sous Chefs
- Kitchen Supervisors
- Chief Steward
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Must be able to work safely in a kitchen environment with high temperatures and humidity
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an incumbent/Grand Performer in this position may be asked to perform.
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
- Culinary degree or related training equivalent in the Hospitality/Restaurant Industry - required
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets – preferred
- Food Safety Manager certification – preferred or attained within 30 days
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Savannah, GA, United States
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Duration of the contract