Management Trainee Front Office
The incumbent in this position is responsible for checking-in and checking-out Hotel guests in a friendly and caring manner according to the Kempinski procedures and quality standards.
At all times, he/she must display a professional and positive image of the hotel as he/she plays a crucial role in the creation of the first and last impression the guest receives of the hotel. The incumbent also ensures that up-selling is focused on and executed in order to increase room revenues, shift closing is done properly, all Policies and Procedures are supported and followed, Quality Assurance audit results are 85% and above, and CSS (Customer Satisfaction Survey) results are rated on an average with “5” and above.
Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz Gozo
Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz Gozo Malta is perfectly located in blissful countryside and surrounded by 30,000 square metres of beautiful hotel grounds and semi-tropical gardens, Kempinski Hotel San Lawrenz features 140 elegant rustic rooms and suites as well as a range of distinctive dining venues for all occasions and tastes.
· Check in the arriving guest and check out the departing guests in a friendly and caring manner according to the Kempinski quality standards.
· Upon check in, register guest and assign rooms. Accommodate special requests whenever possible. If needed, assist guests in completing the registration cards. Use suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel. Verify the guest’s method of payment and follow established credit-checking procedures.
· Upon departure of guests, process the guest check out procedures. Inquire for last minute charges. Receive payment from guests. Settle the guest account and give copy of the invoice.
· Handle all front office cashiers’ transactions such as posting charges to guests and exchanging foreign currency according to the procedures. At the end of shift, balance their cash float. Answer all guest requests and questions in a friendly and caring manner, whether by telephone, email or in person, provide/receive information and take appropriate actions or if needed refer the matters to the relevant persons to handle. It may be handling messages, dealing with complaints, making a reservation for a tour, a restaurant or transportation, providing directions, confirming flights etc.
· Answer all incoming calls, connect them to the appropriate extension in an efficient, friendly and caring manner according to the Kempinski standards.
· Write down messages accurately for our guests and deliver messages in a timely manner. Handle personal wakeup call requests for guests according to our standards and automatic wakeup call requests for group and crew guests.
· Maintain a record of all complaints and requests, follow up and inform concerned operating departments.
· Perform special projects and related duties as assigned.
· Coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying them of late check-outs, early check-ins and special requests.
· Keep yourself informed of product and service knowledge as well as the hotel daily and meeting activities.
· Possess a working knowledge of the room reservation procedures and takes reservations and cancellations if required.
· Maintain the neatness of his/her working area and replenishes counters with brochures for guests availability.
· Upon request, stores guest luggage in the luggage storage room. Handles all luggage with care.
· Sell stamps for postcards and letters, send faxes and makes copies etc. for guests.
· Stay updated of all information concerning the hotel services and activities, local places of interest, restaurants, transportation, sport facilities, churches, shopping areas and all relevant information likely to be of guest’s interest in order to be able to answer guest requests and questions.
· Manage rooms’ inventory to achieve optimum results in Occupancy, Average rate and Revenue, reviewing daily reservations accuracy, rates compliance from segment and source.
· Keep records, deliver and distribute all incoming and outgoing mails, faxes, messages and parcel addressed to current or future guests and hotel employees according to hotel procedures.
· Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills and Responsibilities
- Bachelors Degree/Diploma in hotel or hospitality management
- Previous Front Office Experience in a 5 star hotel is essential
- Eligibility to work in European Union is a must
- Available ideally for 12 months
- Experience with Opera & Micros
- Excellent administrative skills
- Supervisory skills
- Proactive approach with a high level of initiative and willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills
- High degree of professionalism and ability to adapt to different situations
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Knowledge of any other languages would be desirable
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
- Job type
- San Lawrenz, Malta
- Front Office reception
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
Kempinski Hotels San Lawrenz
Are you looking for a new challenge while enjoying life on Malta's beautiful sister island Gozo? Then apply today!