This position just got filled, but there are more Maintenance jobs
Assistant Director of Engineering – (in Chinese)
Kempinski Hotel Muscat
Located in the modern community of Al Mouj, Muscat, and encompassing over six kilometres of stunning coastline, Kempinski Hotel Muscat is an unparalleled luxury beach resort in the capital of Oman. The hotel features 310 comfortable rooms and suites, state-of-the-art meetings and events facilities, a business centre and an executive lounge. Ten world-class restaurants and bars provide a remarkable dining experience. Two swimming pools and a kids pool, a kids club and a tennis court, along with various outdoor and water sports activities will ensure to spend an exciting and adventurous time. The hotel leisure facilities also feature a luxurious spa and a fully equipped health club.
Assistant Director of Engineering
Ensure the efficient operation of the Engineering department supporting all other operating departments. This includes supplying services as required by the entire operation and maintaining equipment, building, and grounds in optimum condition.
- There are no serious incidents or accidents.
- No serious guest complaints in relation to maintenance.
- POMEC costs remains within budget.
- The team is motivated and efficient.
- At Kempinski, Talent Development is a management responsibility and consequently an integral and important part of our Managers’ daily activities.
- The Assistant Director of Engineering fulfils their role as a Talent Development Ambassador when:
- They actively support and implement Talent Development initiatives as a part of their daily activities.
- They identify Training talents in their department and throughout the hotels as per below definition* and actively support their career development.
- They support and initiate transfer, cross exposure and task force assignments for their team.
- They personally conduct TTTTs with their team on a regular basis and take personal interest for their talents’ development plans.
- They recruit and select potential talent according to the Company’s current and future hotel, regional and worldwide needs including conducting interviews for positions in their department and their region.
- Ensure preventive and corrective maintenance of the real estate.
- Ensure the production and supply of energy at all times.
- Coordinate and supervise contractors to ensure compliance with specifications and the hotel’s procedures in regards to the guest contact.
- Optimise maintenance costs.
- Comply with all Kempinski company policies.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Engineer in all HVACR, architect or equivalent background
- Very good knowledge of building equipment: heating, ventilation, plumbing, electricity, automatic operation
- Minimum 5 years experience in luxury Hotels and building technology
- Successful experience in a position of responsibility including management of staff
- Experience in the maintenance of buildings and facilities HVACR
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language - beneficial
- Software office (word, Excel, Access)
- Engineering Administration system
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Organization: Kempinski Hotels
Location: Kempinski Hotel Muscat Sultanate of Oman
Job Type: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Specialist
Job Posting: Oct 05, 2021
Unposting Date: Nov 30, 2021
Job Number: 2100018Y