Kempinski Hotel Muscat
Located in the modern community of Al Mouj, Muscat, and encompassing over six kilometres of stunning coastline, Kempinski Hotel Muscat is an unparalleled luxury beach resort in the capital of Oman. The hotel features 310 comfortable rooms and suites, state-of-the-art meetings and events facilities, a business centre and an executive lounge. Ten world-class restaurants and bars provide a remarkable dining experience. Two swimming pools and a kids’ pool, a kids club and a tennis court, along with various outdoor and water sports activities will ensure to spend an exciting and adventurous time. The hotel leisure facilities also feature a luxurious spa and a fully equipped health club.Chef de Partie – Banquets
A Chef de Partie is responsible for ensuring that the dishes are prepared, cooked, and served according to the event’s menu. He/she diligently implements the food safety and hygiene standards as per the Hotel’s and local standards.Key Responsibilities
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Prepare in advance food, beverage, material and equipment needed for the service.
- Cook and serve dishes according to the restaurant’s menu.
- Provide direction to the Kitchen helpers, including Commis, Cooks, Kitchen Attendants and Stewards.
- Clean and re-set their working area.
- In absence of Manager, conduct shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known.
- Work with Superior and People Services Manager to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive.
- Conduct on the job training in accordance with the departmental standards and procedures and maintain a record of progress for each staff member.
- Provide input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guideline.
- Work with superior in the preparation and management of the department’s budget and be aware of financial targets.
- Recycle where-ever possible and enforce cost saving measures to staff.
- Communicate to their superior any difficulties, guest or internal customer comment on and other relevant information.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Preferably in an international, luxury five-star hotel
- Verbal and written communication skills both in English and Arabic.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Organization: Kempinski Hotels
Location: Kempinski Hotel Muscat Sultanate of Oman
Job Type: Regular
Job Posting: Nov 01, 2022
Unposting Date: Dec 01, 2022
Job Number: 220001IA