Organise kitchen operations and prepare and serve a range of dishes, whilst supervising junior members of the Kitchen Brigade.
The job of Chef de Partie is executed satisfactorily when:
- Dishes are prepared, cooked, and served according to the restaurant’s menu.
- Communication is done politely and displays courtesy to guests and internal customers.
- Effective employee working relationships are established and maintained.
- Familiarity with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures is demonstrated and equipment is operated safely and sensibly.
- HACCP is implemented and practiced.
- Prepare in advance food, beverage, material and equipment needed for the service.
- Cook and serve dishes according to the restaurant’s menu.
- Provide direction to the Kitchen helpers, including Commis, Cooks, Kitchen Attendants and Stewards.
- Clean and re-set their working area.
- In absence of Manager, conduct shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known.
- Work with Superior and People Services Manager to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive.
- Conduct on the job training in accordance with the departmental standards and procedures and maintain a record of progress for each staff member.
- Provide input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions in line with company guidelines.
- Ensure new staff attends Corporate Orientation within first month of hire and departmental orientation is completed within first two weeks.
- Coach, counsel and discipline staff in breach of hotel policies and departmental procedures, providing constructive feedback to enhance performance.
- Work with superior in the preparation and management of the department’s budget and be aware of financial targets.
- Recycle where-ever possible and enforce cost saving measures to staff.
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
- Communicate to their superior any difficulties, guest or internal customer comment on and other relevant information.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Organization: Kempinski Hotels
Location: The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore
Job Type: Regular
Job Level: Staff
Job Posting: Nov 27, 2019
Unposting Date: N/A
Job Number: 190002L7