Royal Maxim Palace Kempinski
The Royal Maxim Palace Kempinski is a haven of tranquillity in the heart of New Cairo. Offering a range of palatial services, the hotel features the finest rooms coupled with the highest levels of service and is an ideal base from which to explore the amazing city of Cairo.
The hotel’s optimum location on the city’s ring road and its close proximity to Cairo International Airport make the hotel the perfect starting point from which to explore Cairo’s treasures.Food & Beverage Reservations
The overall scope of the job includes serving food and beverages to guests in the assigned outlet, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with the standards of the hotel and in line with Kempinski’s DNA values in order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction.Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible to Head Waiter / Waitress, Supervisor, Assistant Manager, Outlet Manager.
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform, clean and well pressed including appropriate shoes (polished) and name tag at all times according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- A courteous, professional and efficient service is provided at all times.
- All duties and tasks are performed as per the tasks required at the outlet.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered by the department assigned.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform upselling all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Successfully perform opening and closing procedures established for the assigned outlet.
- Handle guest inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints and feedback to supervisors.
- Report guest complaints immediately to the supervisors and ensuring follow up is performed with the guest.
- Be knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the hotel’s policy manual and the hotel’s policy on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Maintain a good rapport and work relation with staff in the assigned department and within the hotel.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental training and hotel initiated training scheduled.
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Perform any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
- Performs any other duties as assigned to him/her by management.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Egyptian Nationality.
- Previous hotel-related experience beneficial.
- Ability to work and communicate in multinational environment, including excellent oral and written language skills in Arabic and English; Any Additional languages are a plus.
- Ability to work as part of a team, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have traveled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please and educated to entertain. We never compromise on the European elegance of service and this, blended with our cultural empathy, allows us to deliver incredible experiences in truly original destinations. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realize their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Organization: Kempinski Hotels
Location: Royal Maxim Palace Kempinski Cairo
Job Type: Regular
Job Posting: Sep 21, 2022
Unposting Date: Oct 21, 2022
Job Number: 210000GD