Kempinski Hotel Muscat
Located in the modern community of Al Mouj, Muscat, and encompassing over six kilometres of stunning coastline, Kempinski Hotel Muscat is an unparalleled luxury beach resort in the capital of Oman. The hotel features 310 comfortable rooms and suites, state-of-the-art meetings and events facilities, a business centre and an executive lounge. Ten world-class restaurants and bars provide a remarkable dining experience. Two swimming pools and a kids pool, a kids club and a tennis court, along with various outdoor and water sports activities will ensure to spend an exciting and adventurous time. The hotel leisure facilities also feature a luxurious spa and a fully equipped health club.Restaurant Waitress
The overall scope of the job includes serving food and beverages to guests in the assigned outlet, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with the standards of the hotel and in line with Kempinski’s DNA values in order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction.Key Responsibilities:
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- All rules & regulations are strictly adhered within the hotel including hotel’s policy on fire and safety as well as hygiene regulations including HACCP.
- The service team is well managed, having delegated the appropriate tasks to the team members.
- A High quality of product and service is maintained in the outlet.
- The outlet is developed in an entrepreneurial manner, looking for opportunities to generate more business at all times.
- A courteous, professional and efficient service is provided at all times.
- All duties and tasks are performed as per the tasks required at the outlet.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered by the department assigned.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform upselling all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Successfully perform opening and closing procedures established for the assigned outlet
- Handle guest enquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints and feedback to supervisors.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- Previous luxury hotel-related experience beneficial.
- Ability to work and communicate in multinational environment, including excellent oral and written language skills in Arabic and English. Any additional languages are a plus.
- Ability to work as part of a team, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Embrace an experience as individual as you are!
Organization: Kempinski Hotels
Location: Kempinski Hotel Muscat Sultanate of Oman
Job Type: Regular
Job Posting: Oct 25, 2022
Unposting Date: Nov 30, 2022
Job Number: 22000189