Kempinski Al Othman Hotel
The spectacular new five-star Kempinski Al Othman Hotel Al Khobar offers sweeping views over the Al Khobar skyline. A wide range of rooms and suites
are available, as well as 18 stunning, designer-styled apartments
that combine the ultimate in elegance, space and comfort with all the services and amenities of a five-star hotel.Spa Therapist
Responsible for delivering the most professional, consistent and beneficial Spa treatments for the guest as per the established Spa treatment menu and to educate guests about home care and contribute to the extension of the guest’s experience in the spa by performing product retail sales.
The Spa Therapist assists the Spa Management in maintaining the highest standards of professionalism in all aspects of the operation, maintaining the Spa standards of service and cleanliness at all times. Key Responsibilities
- Meet with Spa Manager/Supervisor prior to commencing each shift to review business status, daily targets.
- Productivity and revenue awareness. Focused dedicated attitude towards achieving overall revenue targets.
- Strive to achieve daily target through Spa services and retail sales.
- Ensure all treatment rooms are fully set up before beginning a treatment according to standards and procedures.
- Welcomes and escorts guests to and from treatments.
- Performs professional spa services according to standards with attention to detail and in a prompt and timely manner.
- Conduct consultations to evaluate guest’s needs, understand any medical issues or concerns that may have an impact on the selected treatment.
- Orientate guests on their chosen Spa treatment and provide any clarification/reassurance required.
- Ascertain guest comfort at the start and throughout the treatment to ensure the guest is happy with the pressure being applied, temperature of the room etc.
- Maintain room and store room cleanliness throughout the shift.
- Demonstrate full knowledge of all professional and retail product lines.
- Accommodate all guest requests expediently and courteously.
- Handle guest complaints by following the instant guest pacification procedures and insuring guest satisfaction.
Collect stock and supplies in accordance with minimum stock levels.
- Maintain accurate written records of treatments and products used in view of repeat guests.
- Participates in ongoing training, with assistance from designated trainer to continue to study the skill.
- Ensures all potential and actual hazards are minimized.
- Fully understands the Spa’s fire, emergency and security procedures.
- Ensure that the Spa’s health and safety policies, relevant laws and regulations are practiced and enforced.
- Ensure that the Spa team works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others.
- Stimulates and encourages a general awareness of health and safety in tasks and activities.
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions, corrects them or enforces action to prevent them from happening.
- Ensures that high standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct as per grooming standards SOP.
- Attends meetings and trainings when required.
- Contributes to guest satisfaction by attending requests and enquiries courteously and efficiently.
- Accepts flexible work schedules when necessary to provide uninterrupted service to guests and stakeholders.
- Maintains working environment, materials and company property in an organized, clean and orderly manner.
- Continuously seeks to improve the department’s efficient operation and knowledge of own job function.
- s well updated, and possesses solid knowledge on all relevant policies and procedures related to the Spa function.
Additional responsibilities might be added from the hotel management Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 year of experience in a 5-star hotel.
- Ability to work and communicate to multinational environment
- English good oral and written
The Spa Therapist
is responsible of the following Talent Development tasks for their department:
*A Hotel Talent is an employee, who has the ability to do the current job in their hotel and can be promoted to the next level. Mobility is what makes this person a Kempinski Talent.
- Support and implement new Talent Development initiatives.
- Identify internal and external talents* that match Kempinski’s DNA values.
- Support career development by training, cross exposure, task force assignments and transfers.
- Grow talent so that they can fulfill their career aspirations.
- Take the time to meet all new Spa employees.
- Conduct yearly performance appraisals and TTTT’s minimum for middle management, providing feedback on their job performance.
- Ensure that a succesion plan is in place to guarantee a seamless, efficient handover for all management positions.
Organization: Kempinski Hotels
Location: Kempinski Al Othman Hotel Al Khobar
Job Type: Regular
Job Posting: Aug 21, 2022
Unposting Date: N/A
Job Number: 2200017K