Accomplished Chef wanted for this Fantastic California Restaurant! You will rotate throughout all the stations, from Garde Manger, Hotline, Sauce and Soup station, and will end as a Chef de Partie!
Exhilarating culinary career opportunity at this Farm Fresh restaurant! Situated in downtown Napa, this restaurant's Chef and Co-Founder has 20 years+ culinary experience and has been Michelin star recommended. Only dedicated hospitality professionals wanted for this position. Don't miss out on this unique, fun, and once in a lifetime opportunity and apply now!
Rate of pay: $13.00 per hour. The kitchen shares tips. On average each person in the kitchen will get between $1.50- $3.50 tips per hour worked which you then can expect between $14.00 - $16.50 per hour. Host Company assists in finding housing and will pick up the j-1 on arrival. Please communicate you arrival to the host company BEFORE booking a flight. Benefits: A Kitchen Door uniform and apron is offered. You will be required to bring your own dark pants, slip resistant black shoes, and your own knives and utensils to operate a station. A meal is offered per shift. Must obtain California food handlers certificate.
Eligibility criteria for our Career USA programs:
- you are enrolled in a post secondary ministerially recognized academic institution in the hospitality industry
- you have a hospitality degree and at least 1 year of recent relevant work experience in the (ultra) luxury hotel industry (outside of the USA)
- you have 5 years recent relevant work experience in the (ultra) luxury hotel industry (outside the USA)
- you have shown consistent career growth over the last years
- you have shown serious commitment to your most recent employers
- Job type
- Internship, Graduate program, Full-time
- Napa, CA, United States
- F&B kitchen, Chocolate Arts, Bakery/Pastry
- Starting in
- August 2019
- Duration of the contract
- Pay range
- $13.00 per hour
We are in the global business of connecting the best possible employers with the best possible employees. We achieve this by establishing long-lasting relationships and never putting profits before people. In doing so, we rank among the world’s leaders in international hospitality training and career development.
Our portfolio includes well known international brands, 4 and 5 * luxury hotels and (Michelin) fine dining restaurants.
We assist you from A to Z and we make it super easy for you! Along the way we give you advise and career coaching tailored to your personal situation.