Maintains the transient rooms inventory for the hotel(s) and responsible for maximizing transient revenue. The Revenue Manager releases group rooms back into general inventory and ensures clean booking windows for customers. The position recommends pricing and positioning of cluster properties. In addition, the position oversees the inventory management system to verify appropriateness of agreed upon selling strategies.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Analyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
• Compiles information, analyzes and monitors actual sales against projected sales.
• Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Using computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Conducts sales strategy analysis and refines as appropriate to increase market share for all properties.
• Maintains accurate reservation system information.
• Analyzes period end and other available systems data to identify trends, future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
• Generates updates on transient segment each period.
• Assists with account diagnostics process and validates conclusions.
Managing Revenue Management Projects and Strategy
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Updates market knowledge and aligns strategies and approaches accordingly.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Attends meetings to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate and manage activities and solutions.
• Establishes long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
• Takes a predetermined strategy and drives the execution of that strategy.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Understands and meets the needs of key stakeholders (owners, corporate, guests, etc.).
• Explores opportunities that drive profit, create value for clients, and encourage innovation; challenges existing processes/systems/products to make improvements.
• Provides revenue management functional expertise to cluster general managers, leadership teams and market sales leaders.
• Ensures hotel strategies conform to brand philosophies and initiatives.
• Ensures that sales strategies and rate restrictions are communicated, implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
• Prepares sales strategy meeting agenda, supporting documentation.
• Communicates proactively with properties regarding rate restrictions and strategy.
• Manages rooms inventory to maximize cluster rooms revenue.
• Assists hotels with pricing and provides input on business evaluation recommendations.
• Leads efforts to coordinate strategies between group sales offices.
• Supports cluster selling initiatives by working with all reservation centers.
• Uses reservations system and demand forecasting systems to determine, implement and control selling strategies.
• Checks distribution channels for hotel positioning, information accuracy and competitor positioning.
• Ensures property diagnostic processes (PDP) are used to maximize revenue and profits.
• Initiates, implements and evaluates revenue tests.
• Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue management processes.
• Communicates brand initiatives, demand and market analysis to hotels/clusters/franchise partners/owners.
• Understands and communicates the value of the brand name as it relates to franchise partnerships and revenue management opportunities.
• Promotes and protects brand equity.
Building Successful Relationships
• Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships in a proactive manner.
• Acts as a liaison, when necessary, between property and regional/corporate systems support.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Interviews and hires employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the unit.
• Utilizes all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position and monitors progress.
• Conducts employee performance appraisals according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
• Solicits feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems and concerns.
• Manages employee progressive discipline procedures for areas of responsibility.
• Ensures regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognize performance and produce desired business results.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Attends staff/forecast/long range meetings as requested by properties.
- Job type
- Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
- Revenue Management
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration