Receptionist – L' Horizon Hotel & Spa (4 Red Star) in Jersey, Channel Islands
Do you have experience as a Hotel Receptionist? Are you a warm and approachable person who is an expert task juggler? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Our receptionists are the first member of Hand Picked our guests speak to, which means you’ll get to make one of the biggest impressions. You will be able to give a fantastic welcome and get our customers excited about their stay, whether that’s showing off the hotel with a guided tour, or remembering Mrs. Humphrey’s passion for afternoon tea.
It doesn’t matter if they’re first time visitors or returning guests, you’ll charm them from the initial welcome to the “have a safe journey home” with your impeccable standards of service. You’ll strive to know what someone needs before they even know it themselves, leaving them impressed, reassured, and most importantly, feeling at home
This is a full time role that offers a mixture of hours and flexibility, including early shifts from 7 - 3.30pm and late shifts from 2.30pm - 11pm or 3pm – 11.30pm. This is on a rota basis and includes weekends.
What’s in it for you:
• Living and working on the beautiful island of Jersey in a stunning beach front location
• Live in accommodation charged at just £33.50 per week all-inclusive of meals and bills
• Use of Health Club facilities including gym and swimming pool
• Delicious meals on duty provided
• 29 days holiday rising to 33 days with service – we think it’s fair to value loyalty.
• £30 staff stays with Hand Picked Hotels per room Bed & Breakfast PLUS 25% discount of all food & drink. Yes, it’s as good as it sounds!
• A share of service charge – 100% of which is split between the team
• Annual loyalty awards (like afternoon teas and overnight stays)
• Life Assurance Scheme
• Online retail discount platform offering thousands of savings with high street retailers and restaurants as well as a health and well-being platform
• Most of all, you’ll have a friendly, welcoming and genuine manner
• You’ll be passionate about making our guests feel at home, and will develop a thorough knowledge of our of hotel products and services
• You’ll feel comfortable in a fast-paced, busy environment
• You’ll ideally have previous experience in a similar environment and role, but this is not essential
• You’ll be excellent at building a rapport with new and returning guests
• You’ll take pride in your appearance, as the face of Hand Picked Hotels
• you'll have very good English verbal and written command
• You'll ideally have some experience working with Opera reservation system but it is not essential (beneficial experience)
Hand Picked Hotels is a private collection of 19 country house hotels throughout the United Kingdom and Channel Islands. Each of our properties has its own charming character, and all of them are set in stunning surroundings; from the sandy shores of Jersey to the rolling hills of Yorkshire.
With welcoming and charming service delivered in truly inspirational settings, our guests are encouraged to relax, kick off their shoes and indulge. You make it Hand Picked!
Hand Picked Hotels is an Equal Opportunities employer. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Hand Picked Hotels
At Hand Picked Hotels, we like to shape and develop long-lasting careers with opportunities for promotion for current team members as well as welcoming new talent to join our teams.
We are looking for Attentive, Natural, Charming & Creative Hospitality professionals to join our Hand Picked Team
One of our core values is family and we believe that being passionate about what we do is key to our great working atmosphere. Our valued team members are hard-working and committed, offering attentive, charming and natural service to allow our guests to feel indulged, at home, captivated and inspired during and after their stay... and they have a lot of fun in the process too!
You make it Hand Picked!