- Assist in managing and maintaining the golf course(s) and practice areas to include, but not limited to, the equipment and maintenance facility, restrooms and potable water sources, open spaces, irrigation systems, pump stations, wells and other appurtenances, and other properties as specified
- Conduct facility inspections and supervise minor construction projects
- Supervise maintenance and repair of maintenance equipment, irrigation, and various facilities as designated
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budgets for maintenance and capital improvements to the golf course and property
- Monitor irrigation applications, insect and weed populations and diseases to diagnose problems and to present solutions
- Keep and maintain accurate and complete records including, but not limited to payroll, inventory, weather data, water usages, maintenance procedures, fertilizer and pesticide applications, local, state and federal training documentation, safety and environmental standards and laws and regulations
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations, providing professional development and delivering recognition and rewards
- Interview, and train team members
Acts in absence of the SuperintendentQualifications
- 2 or 4 year turf degree or equivalent years of supervisory experience in golf course maintenance
- 3-5 years of experience preferred
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Comfortable with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong attention to detail, passion for excellence and a great attitude
- Ability to train/supervise a crew of up to 25 on a daily basis
- A desire to advance within the turfgrass industry
Overseed experience helpful, but not requiredOur Benefits Include:
- 22 Days per year of Personal Time Off (PTO) which is earned starting your first day
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance along with a Health Savings Account
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Relocation expenses
- Playing privileges
- Uniform allowance
- Dues to local chapter and national GCSAA
Hilton Employee Travel Plan – enjoy the lowest rates available to all Hilton Brands Worldwide for yourself and for your family and friends
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- Job type
- La Quinta, CA, United States
- Spa & Wellness
- Starting in
- As soon as possible