Lapita is a Polynesian themed hotel, located in the heart of Dubai Parks and Resorts. A hotel which is dedicated to families and friends who want to stay close to all the activities that the theme parks will be offering. With 504 rooms, including 60 suites and 3 villas, Lapita is the perfect relaxation point after a day of adventures and fun. Part of Marriott's Autograph Collection this amazing hotel offers five food and beverage outlets, two outdoor pools and a lazy river, a spa and health club, Luna & Nova Kids & Teens Club as well as meeting and event facilities. The hotel's name was inspired by the pre-historic Pacific Ocean people and their journey and settlement into the Islands ( the Lapita movement ). The design draws its inspiration from the exotic Polynesian tropical landscapes, featuring Polynesian flowers, lagoon-style pools, and themed activities.
Manages housekeeping functions and staff to ensure property guest rooms, public space and associate areas are clean and well maintained. Areas of responsibility include Housekeeping and Laundry. Directs and works with team to successfully execute all housekeeping operations. Strives to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department. Ensures that standards and procedures are being followed.
The experience, skills and knowledge and education/certification components of the Candidate Profile should be presented as preferences rather than requirements unless an individual would not be hired for the position without these. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for years of experience.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED; 2 years of experience in the housekeeping or related professional area, OR
2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibiting behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; making a good first impression and representing Marriott in alignment with its values.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; obtaining and comparing information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Adaptability - Maintaining performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Driving for Results - Setting high standards of performance for self and/or others; assuming responsibility for work objectives; initiating, focusing, and monitoring the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively taking action and going beyond what is required
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leading and participating as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacting with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Developing and sustaining relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with Marriott's Spirit to Serve.
- Fostering Inclusion - Supporting associates with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; leveraging personal differences to achieve objectives; and promoting a work environment where all associates are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Talent Management - Providing guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Technical Acumen - Understanding and utilizing professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Cleaning Materials, Equipment, and Techniques - Knowledge of use, handling, storage, and disposal of cleaning chemicals and equipment (including Material Safety Data Sheet requirements), and use of personal protective equipment.
- Housekeeping Tracking and Inventory - Knowledge of inventory and purchasing policies, procedures, and best practices. This includes the ability to track and maintain inventory, order and track receivables and payments, set up and maintain inventory systems or logs, and basic cart care.
- General Housekeeping - Knowledge of procedures, policies and techniques for cleaning all public areas, trash handling and removal, room item replenishment and placement, treatment of room damage and stain removal, use of cleaning supplies, floor care and maintenance, general housekeeping codes, cart care, spa linen, uniform control, inventory management, room status change systems and opening and closing of the house. Ability to use general housekeeping codes to indicate room readiness.
- EIWO (Everything In Working Order) - The ability to inspect and identify guest room components (e.g., light bulbs, remote control, air conditioning units, toilets, appliances, vacuums) for functional deficiencies. This includes reporting procedures.
- Environmental Sustainability – Knowledge of products and procedures that reduce, recycle or reuse natural resources such as bed linen and towel re-use programs.
- Preventative Maintenance - Knowledge of general cleaning programs and policies to extend the life of materials and areas. For example, knowledge of carpet, tile, and floor care including daily cleaning, heavy extraction, and interim cleaning.
- Purchasing and Materials Management - Knowledge of practices and procedures needed to maintain material, equipment and supplies; including vendor identification and contract negotiation, supply requisition and purchasing, and inventory control.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Technical Expertise (Learning and Applying Personal Expertise)
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Managing Housekeeping Operations
Maintains strong working relationship with Front Office to ensure effective communications for operational issues.
Obtains list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments.
Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies.
Ensures guestrooms, public space and associate areas are cleaned according to operating standards.
Ensures compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards and procedures.
Initiates and maintains an effective inspection program including rooms, public areas, associate work and locker areas, storage areas, recreation areas, laundry areas, garage and grounds.
Managing Departmental Costs
Supervises and approves the budgeting and ordering of guestroom and cleaning supplies.
Understands the importance of department’s operation on the overall property financial goals and educates staff on details as appropriate.
Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
Keeps the Housekeeping team focused on the critical components of operations to drive guest satisfaction and the desired financial results.
Manages department controllable expenses and cost per occupied room to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints effectively.
Incorporates guest satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service.
Develops goals and expectations for direct report managers.
Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
Reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
Communicates expectations, recognizes performance, and produces desired business results.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
Establishes goals and objectives for all areas of responsibility.
Directs staff to strive for continuous improvement in all areas of responsibility.
Interviews and hires management and hourly associates with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
Manages associate progressive discipline procedures for areas of responsibility.
Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same within the team.
Ensures associates are treated fairly and equitably.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
Lapita, Dubai Parks and Resorts, Autograph Collection Hotels
Part of the Autograph Collection of Marriott this amazing hotel will offer five food and beverage outlets, several Outdoor pools and a Lazy River, a Spa & Health Club, Luna & Nova Kids & Teen as well as meeting and event facilities. The hotel’s name was inspired by the pre-historic Pacific Ocean people and their journey and settlement into the Islands (the Lapita movement). The design draws its inspiration from the exotic Polynesian tropical landscapes, featuring Polynesian flowers, lagoon-style pools, and themed activities.