Lapita is a Polynesian themed hotel, located in the heart of Dubai Parks and Resorts. A hotel which is dedicated to families and friends who want to stay close to all the activities that the theme parks will be offering. With 504 rooms, including 60 suites and 3 villas, Lapita is the perfect relaxation point after a day of adventures and fun. Part of Marriott's Autograph Collection this amazing hotel offers five food and beverage outlets, two outdoor pools and a lazy river, a spa and health club, Luna & Nova Kids & Teens Club as well as meeting and event facilities. The hotel's name was inspired by the pre-historic Pacific Ocean people and their journey and settlement into the Islands ( the Lapita movement ). The design draws its inspiration from the exotic Polynesian tropical landscapes, featuring Polynesian flowers, lagoon-style pools, and themed activities.
- Previous experience working within a Front Office hotel environment in the 5 star/luxury market is essential
- Having an experience in similar position for at least 12 months preferred
- Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Pro-active and reliable
- MICROS, OPERA, Guestware, Microsoft Office, FCS or telephone software and other related operating system
- Flexible and ability to work around the clock
- Ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer service excellent telephone etiquette
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and working to deadline skill
- Have a complete understanding of the Marriott Reward program
- Deliver trainings
- Establish a positive relationship with repeat guests while maintaining a professional and attentive manner and function as key liaison.
- Ensure that guest and company profiles are accurately updated upon arrival.
- Take note and follow up on guest preferences and special requests
- Fully aware of the day’s arrivals & their preferences, hotel facilities and promotions, occupancy & rooms rates.
- Research and select/purchase or design service/amenities to enhance guest experience
- Meet repeat & VIP guests upon arrival to hotel, provide personalized itinerary and offers additional guest services.
- Perform daily quality checks to ensure all reservations have been handled according to Lapita Hotel and property standards
- Ensure Lobby presence during peak times
- Protect and enhance the mystique of the Guest Recognition process and the repeat guest experience.
- Understand fully the standards and procedures of Front Office, Reservations, Housekeeping, Guest Relations
- Effectively handle guest opportunities and communicate them
- Monitor system, equipment and lack of stationary challenges and coordinate with internal and external partners to rectify the situation immediately.
- Perform ad hoc on-the-job individual and team trainings as needed to ensure that all team members have the adequate product knowledge and coordinate with related departments.
- Look for ways to continuously improve the Guest Relations process and provide lateral service to other departments to assist them with enhancements to the Guest Recognition process
- Ensure that all communication with guests and colleagues is complete, accurate, engaging and positive.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Rooms division, Guest Relations
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
Lapita, Dubai Parks and Resorts, Autograph Collection Hotels
Part of the Autograph Collection of Marriott this amazing hotel will offer five food and beverage outlets, several Outdoor pools and a Lazy River, a Spa & Health Club, Luna & Nova Kids & Teen as well as meeting and event facilities. The hotel’s name was inspired by the pre-historic Pacific Ocean people and their journey and settlement into the Islands (the Lapita movement). The design draws its inspiration from the exotic Polynesian tropical landscapes, featuring Polynesian flowers, lagoon-style pools, and themed activities.