2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the revenue management, sales and marketing, or related professional area.OR
4-year bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting, Economics, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; with resort work experience required minimum three years.CORE WORK ACTIVITIESAnalyzing and Reporting Revenue Management Data
Analyzes information, identifies current and potential problems and proposes solutions.
Analyzes period end and other available systems data to identify trends, future need periods and obstacles to achieving goals.
Generates updates on transient segment each period and continually analyzes transient booking patterns.
Assists with account diagnostics process and validates conclusions.
Maintains accurate reservation system information.
Checks distribution channels regularly for hotel positioning, information accuracy and competitor positioning.
Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
Observes, receives, and otherwise obtains information from all relevant sources.
Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
Analyzes weekly and monthly STAR information to assist in analyzing past strategies; identifies areas needing improvement, identifies competitor set strengths, and develops strategies to best capture available Market Share.
Analyze STAR information to assist in development of RevPAR Index forecasts.
Generates yearly room revenue budget.Managing Revenue Management Strategy
Provides critical input to property leaders for development of market sales strategy.
Provides revenue management functional expertise and leadership to general managers and property leadership teams
Implements and evaluates revenue tests.
Ensures that sales strategies and rate restrictions are communicated, implemented and modified as market conditions fluctuate.
Assists hotels with pricing and provides input on business evaluation recommendations.
Provides recommendations to improve effectiveness of revenue management processes.
Ensures property diagnostic processes (PDP) are used to maximize revenue and profits.Building Successful Relationships
Communicates brand initiatives, demand and market analysis to hotels/clusters/franchise partners/owners.
Communicates market direction to revenue management, sales and hotel leaders.
Develops constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, and maintains them over time.
Develops and manages internal key stakeholder relationships.
Provides targeted and timely communication of results, achievements and challenges to the stakeholders.Additional Responsibilities
Informs and/or updates executives, peers and subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
Enters, transcribes, records, stores, or maintains information in written or electronic form.
Works with other people to gather the information necessary to manage projects, achieve goals, and resolve problems.
Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
- Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding..
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Technical Acumen - Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-specific work challenges
- Revenue Management - Knowledge of revenue management concepts, processes and strategies such as average daily rate, revenue per available room, sales cycles and trends, account management, pricing and inventory management. Skill in using a Yield Management system and interpreting pricing and inventory reports.
- Research - Skill in collecting information from a variety of sources relating to market data, historical cycles, travel and tourism trends, and real estate market dynamics. The ability to know when to seek addition information and where to look to find it.
- Inventory Management - The ability to manage rooms and function space restrictions and thresholds using systems or manually in order to maximize revenue/profit across all segments.
- Computer Skills - The willingness to learn and ability to use computer systems and software packages to input, access, modify, store, or output information or to execute programs and analyses. This includes the ability to enter and retrieve data from computer systems using a keyboard, mouse, or trackball.
- Economics and Finance - Knowledge of economic principles and practices, P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of sales and marketing concepts including principles and methods for showing, promoting and selling products or services as well as marketing strategies and tactics.
- Analysis - The ability to analyze and summarize detailed data including the creation and maintenance of spreadsheets for storing data.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Basic Computer Skills - Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software, Internet browsers, etc.).
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
- Job type
- Fulltime job
- Pointe aux Biches, Mauritius
- Revenue Management
- Starting in
- As soon as possible