Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
At the moment we're looking for Assistant Purchase Manager for our winning team at Le Merdien Jaipur.
Negotiates with suppliers and verifies and authorizes purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
Advises other departments on purchasing procedures and maintains full and up-to-date information regarding store inventory.
• Negotiates with selected suppliers and obtains quotations.
• Coordinates and arranges site visits with contractors and end-users for obtaining necessary quotations.
• Keeps close and frequent contact with suppliers to maintain up-to-date market and product information
• Identifies and selects reliable and regular suppliers for daily food and beverage purchasing based on regular quotations.
• Attends and participates in food tasting panel for food and beverage evaluation and vendor selection.
• Prepares and negotiates contracts with selected suppliers
• Attends exhibitions/seminars for sourcing new suppliers and products with better price-performance.
• Persuades suppliers to offer or extend rebate program. Managing Procurement Activities
• Verifies and authorizes procurement orders
• Places orders and expedites deliveries
• Prepares tender invitations and executes tender openings for selected items and compares tenders for procurement decisions
• Sources alternative products with competitive prices, while striving to maintain better or comparable quality, standards and services.
• Prepares and submits monthly cost saving report to Director of Finance
• Explores opportunities for green procurement and actively participates in the recycling program.
• Provides suggestions to other departments to achieve cost savings while still fulfilling their requirements.
CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience Required:
• High school diploma or GED;
5 years experience in procurement, purchasing, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Managing Supplier and Vendor Relations
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.