As a member of the property management staff, contributes advanced knowledge and skill in technology and general hospitality business knowledge to support the property and technology Information Resources objectives. Position is responsible to the property for all technology planning, decision-making, implementation, and maintenance. May interfaces with vendors, owners, Executive Committee and property staff.
Education and Experience
• BS/BA or equivalent work experience. Additionally, 2-4 years experience in like position.
• Previous experience in IR Global Field Services or Marriott Systems Support desirable.
• System-related professional certifications desired.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Client Technology Needs are Met
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Monitors, ensures and manages the acquisition and maintenance of property based systems.
• Analyzes information, identifies current and potential problems and proposes solutions.
• Maintains, inspects and repairs equipment.
• Inspects and ensures the maintenance of the equipment or the environment.
• Ensures that computer and network operations are monitored at the property, backup/recovery functions are performed on scheduled basis and administration functions for hardware, operating and application systems are maintained and completed on consistent basis.
• Manages IR activities to ensure the property infrastructure and applications systems are functional at all times.
• Ensures solutions are consistent with the client's needs and brand specific IR environment.
• Administers and maintains mail and email.
• Maintains inventories and manages IT hardware/software.
• Provides Internet support and maintenance (if applicable)
• Provides cable management support.
• Generates systems communications for property users to introduce new applications, provide user tips, alert users of system problems and inform staff of progress or status.
• Consults on specific application issues or hardware/software problems.
• Provides feedback to Lodging IR on application functional performance and system performance.
Managing Projects and Policies
• Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
• Monitors processes and evaluates information according to SOP and LSOP requirements.
• Enforces IR policies and standards protecting company hardware, software and other resources at the property.
• Directs maintenance of equipment and installed software applications inventory for property ensuring compliance with licensing regulations.
Maintaining Information Systems and Technology Goals
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Performs an assessment of needs, ensuring compliance with brand specific standards, budget and capital requirements.
• Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of any property projects on schedule and according to specification.
• Ensures problems are correctly reported, routed, tracked and solved, with the system user being informed of situation at all times.
• Ensures proper asset management.
• Performs on-site monitoring of all projects.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicates expectations, recognizes performance and produces desired business results.
Demonstrating and Applying Information Resources Knowledge
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applies new knowledge to your job.
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Provides technical expertise and support.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Coordinates property efforts, prioritizes needs and communicates those needs to IR Shared Services and other systems staff.
• Manages vendors for property IT requirements functioning as escalation point for problem resolution.
- Job type
- Xiamen, China
- Starting in
- As soon as possible