Functions as the Strategic Business Leader of the hotel’s Food & Beverage outlet operation including Restaurant, Bar, Conference and Banqueting and Room Service. Position oversees the development and implementation of departmental strategies and ensures implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. The position ensures the outlets meet the brand’s target customer needs, ensures associate satisfaction, focuses on growing revenues and maximizes the financial performance of the department. As a Head of Department you are expected to develop and implement hotel-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the brand’s target customer and property associates and provide a return on investment to the owner and Marriott International..
Education and Experience
• Food and beverage “front of the house” management experience with demonstrated knowledge essential
• Experience in developing and implementing a new F&B concept preferred
• Experience with training in F&B departments
Skills and Knowledge
• Extensive knowledge of Restaurant, Bar, C&B, and room service operational procedures
• Knowledge of restaurant, bar, C&B and room service equipment and routine maintenance needs
• Knowledge of menu composition
• Knowledge of food preparation
• Knowledge of UK food & beverage health laws
• Knowledge of liquor control procedures
• Ability to convert the knowledge of wines and alcoholic beverages into product sales and service
• Ability to network and build relationships to grow the business
• Effective change management skills
• Strong customer and associate relation skills
• Ability to effectively implement new ideas/trends into the operation
• Develops a Food and Beverage operating strategy that is aligned with the brand’s business strategy and leads its execution.
• Ensures that regular, on-going communication is happening in all Food and Beverage areas(e.g., pre-meal briefings, staff meetings). Continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
• Identifies key drivers of business success and keeps team focused on the critical few to achieve results; ensures integration of departmental goals in game plans.
• Champions change, ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
• Researches and analyzes new products and pricing and services of competition. Introduces ideas to leadership team to enable property to remain competitive.
• Works with direct reports to review business in house and potential business in surrounding area and troubleshoot potential challenges/conflicts; encourages calculated risk-taking to generate incremental revenue and deliver the Spirit to Serve Basics.
• Leads the execution of brand service initiatives in Food & Beverage areas.
• Sets expectations and holds the Food and Beverage team accountable for demonstrating desired service behaviors. Ensures guest expectations are met or exceeded from beginning to end of service experience (e.g., greeting from hostess, speed of order taking and food and beverage delivery, fulfillment of special requests, collection of payment and invitation to return).
• Participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and associates.
• Empowers associates to provide excellent guest service. Establishes guidelines so associates understand expectations and parameters. Ensures associates receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
• Is highly visible and interfaces with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of Food and Beverage products, service levels and overall satisfaction; effectively responds to and resolves guest problems and complaints.
Sales and Revenue Management
• Develops and ensures execution of marketing plan for Food and Beverage outlets.
• Leads pricing strategy for Food and Beverage areas.
• Sets and communicates specific sales goals and develops incentives to encourage goal attainment for all areas.
• Uses a guest database to target direct marketing efforts and increase market share.
• Leads the development of web based promotional sites to attract business.
• Stays aware of market trends and introduces new food and beverage products to meet or exceed customer expectations, generate increased revenue and ensure a competitive position in the market.
• Develops and manages Food and Beverage budget.
• Reviews financial reports and statements to determine how the Food and Beverage outlets are performing against budget.
• Works with food and beverage leadership team to determine areas of concern and develops strategies to improve the department’s financial performance.
• Coaches and supports Food and Beverage team to effectively manage wages, food & beverage cost and controllable expenses such as supplies, uniforms, etc. Focuses on maintaining profit margins without compromising guest or associate satisfaction.
- Job type
- London, United Kingdom
- F&B other
- Starting in
- As soon as possible
- Contract duration
Marriott London Complex
Marriott London Complex hotels encompassing The Park Tower Knightsbridge, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Le Méridien Piccadilly, Sheraton Grand London Park Lane Hotel, W London Leicester Square and Aloft London Excel.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.