Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail - email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, North Star Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Start your Journey with Us
NorthStar Hospitality, a member of the Greer Companies, is a familyowned hospitality and commercial real estate development company headquartered in Lexington, Kentucky.
Greer Companies has developed, owned and operated over 60 full service independent and national chain restaurants, and several fine casual eateries. It is also a franchisee and operator of multiple hotel chains including: Marriott, Hilton and InterContinental.
Responsible for preparing all event documentation and coordinates with Sales, property departments and customer to ensure consistent, high level service throughout preevent, event and postevent phases of property events. This position primarily manages large midsize events. Ensures their property events have a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales. Recognizes opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by upselling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
Core Work Activities:
- Works with associates to review scheduled events and troubleshoot potential challenges/conflicts.
- Ensures the property is apprised of all groups that will impact property operations.
- Works with culinary team to ensure compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Manages Event Operations including Banquets, Event Services and Event Technology.
- Ensures meeting space and corresponding heart of the house areas are cleaned and maintained.
- Ensures furniture and equipment is maintained and inventory levels are kept in accordance to corporate guidelines.
- Leads the execution of brand service initiatives in event management areas.
- Develops an Event Management strategy that is aligned with the brandâ€™s business strategy and leads its execution.
- Supervise, Lead and Keep Motivated the Catering Department to oversee all the aspects of events, such as ordering, rentals, finding & managing staff, floral/decor, client/guest interaction, setup & teardown
- Setup weekly BEO meeting with all the staff in the hotel, to have a smooth execution of events.
Leading Event Management Teams
- Sets expectations and holds event management leadership team accountable for desired service behaviors related to product and service delivery.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Identifies key drivers of business success and keeps team focused on the critical few to achieve results.
- Ensures integration of departmental goals in game plans.
- Ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates followup actions to team as necessary.
- Setup and host tastings/sales presentations at client's location
- Works directly with major groups when high profile and financial impact will be significant.
- Develops working relationships with outside vendors and establishes prices and service agreements to enhance the event experience and to increase additional revenue opportunities for the property.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Creates an atmosphere in all event management operations areas that meets or exceeds guest expectations.
- Consult with customers in order to determine objectives and requirements for events such as meetings, conferences, and conventions.
- Works with Human Resources to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Reviews property specific event operations annually and makes appropriate adjustments.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service and operational needs are met.
- Communicates and ensures departmental and property emergency procedures are executed when necessary.
- Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in all areas of event operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned and needed.
NorthStar Hospitality is committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture providing equal opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, marital status, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a Vietnamera or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal laws. In addition, NorthStar complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location where NorthStar has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation and training.
- 2 years minimum of event planning/management experience, preferably in hotels.
- Minimum of 2 year degree or higher preferred.
- Fullservice hotel experience preferred
- 4 years hospitality experience required
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
- Job type
- Lexington, KY, United States
- Starting in
- As soon as possible