To supervise the kitchen operations in absence of the Sous Chef and know all the different sections of the kitchen to be able to supervise them. To taste all daily mise-en-place to ensure it is aligned with LPM standards.
● To treat all your colleagues and guests as you will treat your family and friends
● Greet all your colleagues when you arrive before starting duties
● Share LPM family spirit among the teams
● Always ensure that operations are conducted according to LPM standards and health/hygiene/safety regulations.
● Make every guests feels like they are part of our family (even more so for our regulars, locals and internationals)
● Lead by example and act as a role model.
● Share LPM experience for all and encourage your colleagues to do the same
● Seize every opportunity to explain the LPM concept and signatures dishes/drinks to new guests
● Seize every opportunity to develop yourself and allow others to do the same
● Support and help your colleagues and subordinates, providing them training and mentoring they need.
● Stay honest, authentic and always seek to go to the extra mile.
● Embrace and respect all cultural differences
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● To always ensure to keep SOPs, manuals and recipes up to date.
● To always ensure that all legal requirements are met and properly communicated to the different team members.
● To attend/lead daily management morning briefing sharing relevant information.
● To attend bi-weekly management meetings always prepared and bringing innovative ideas and solutions.
● To ensure an efficient communication across all departments.
● To attend and lead bi-daily team briefing.
● To communicate accurate information in a transparent, efficient and proactive manner through communication tools (emails, calls, instant messaging) in a timely manner.
● To communicate daily and weekly report to be sent to upper management
● To properly administer and achieve financial reports to the Account Manager.
● To ensure that the operational budget is strictly adhered and take corrective action if needed.
● To monitor expenses and ensure the respect of the approval process.
● To control and manage inventory.
● To manage and control stocks levels.
● Purchasing (negotiation with supplier to achieve best possible prices according to business).
● To ensure accuracy of cash-up reports.
● To ensure a fair tips administration according to LPM policy.
● To understand and anticipate all guest's needs.
● To handle all guests complaints in a friendly and effective way.
● To always seek for the best solution that will fulfill guest's satisfaction.
● To show genuine interest in our guests and build relationships with them.
● To recognize and approach all regular guests (local and international).
● Ensure first comers become your next regulars adding your extra touch.
● To proactively communicate and work hand to hand with the Guest Relation Manager.
HR/TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT:
● To provide to Senior Management a proposed manning structure as per operation.
● To bring support on the recruitment of new talents according to LPM recruitment guidelines.
● To monitor performance management (disciplinary, appraisals, probation).
● To create and plan weekly rota, attendance sheet, team holidays schedule.
● To support and facilitate training to your department team members.
● To be responsible for sending your team members to training (internal/external) and mentoring their attendance.
● Properly communicate sensitive and serious issues to appropriate persons.
● To assign mentors to all new joiners and ensure they apply their mentoring program precisely.
MARKETING & DEVELOPMENT:
● To use and promote validated marketing tools defined with other departments to improve the business's performance.
● To monitor monthly cover trends and sales analysis.
● To possess a sharp knowledge on market trends and implement ideas and innovations to remain a leader on the market.
● To efficiently work in coordination with others departments.
● To always act and perform according to LPM standards.
● To be an active member during service hours on participating in the operations, supporting each section and areas.
● To ensure that all food waste during food preparations are kept to a minimum.
● To work in any section of the kitchen when necessary or as requested by the Head Chef.
● To ensure that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
● To ensure kitchen and food preparation areas are left clean and sanitised when unattended.
● To always ensure an excellent guest experience.
● To successfully follow daily duties and role responsibilities.
● To efficiently handle the POS/Reservation system.
● To ensure team cohesion, help and support to be brought to all team members.
● To respond quickly and positively to changes within your job role, showing flexibility.
JOB ROLE SPECIFICATIONS:
● Culinary arts certificate
● Food safety certificate or related studies
● Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Hotel & Culinary Management
● Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the culinary field
● Previous successful experience in similar position
● Previous experience in restaurants specializing in French/ Mediterranean cuisine
● Previous experience in a Michelin stars restaurant
● English – excellent oral and written
● Attention to details, speed and accuracy
● Willing to take on responsibility and able to delegate tasks efficiently.
● Mentoring and training skills
● Business analytical skills
● Working attitude
● Interpersonal skills
● Additional foreign language skills
● Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
● Team player
● Organizational time and management
● Stress management
● Problem solving and creative thinking
● Analysis and reporting competencies
● Administrative and back office handling
● Familiarity with SOPs
● Familiarity with kitchen hygiene practices and occupational health and safety standards.
● Must be able to calculate basic food costings.
LPM Restaurant & Bar
LPM Restaurant & Bar is a global brand with operations in vibrant and dynamic cities around the world: London, Dubai, Miami, Abu Dhabi, Hong-Kong and now Riyadh.
LPM is a French restaurant and bar inspired by the Mediterranean cuisines. Made of fresh ingredients, prepared a la minute, our dishes are meant to be shared and arrive in the middle of the table, whenever they are ready. Our purpose is to bring people together to share a great time, where our guests will find great food, warm and friendly service in a vibrant atmosphere. All our guests must feel welcome as part of the LPM family.
We value attitude over skills, and prioritize internal growth: we welcome talent and groom them. We focus on consistency in a warm and friendly environment, and we believe we can strive if we all work closely together. Our standards are simple, yet they require focus to ensure a great guest experience.
Other suggested jobs
- Chef de rangCyprus