To actively assist the Head Chef by supervising and facilitating the smooth operation of the kitchen department. Ensuring that the kitchen department successfully contributes towards achieving the business's performance goals and creation of the LPM experience by planning, organising, directing and controlling production and administration within LPM standards.
● To treat all your colleagues and guests as you will treat your family and friends
● Greet all your colleagues when you arrive before starting duties
● Share LPM family spirit among the teams
● Always ensure that operations are conducted according to LPM standards and health/hygiene/safety regulations.
● Make every guests feels like they are part of our family (even more so for our regulars, locals and internationals)
● Lead by example and act as a role model.
● Share LPM experience for all and encourage your colleagues to do the same
● Seize every opportunity to explain the LPM concept and signatures dishes/drinks to new guests
● Seize every opportunity to develop yourself and allow others to do the same
● Support and help your colleagues and subordinates, providing them training and mentoring they need.
● Stay honest, authentic and always seek to go to the extra mile.
● Embrace and respect all cultural differences
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● To always ensure to keep SOPs, manuals and recipes up to date.
● To always ensure that all legal requirements are met and properly communicated to the different team members.
● To attend/lead daily management morning briefing sharing relevant information.
● To attend bi-weekly management meetings always prepared and bringing innovative ideas and solutions.
● To ensure an efficient communication across all departments.
● To attend and lead bi-daily team briefing.
● To communicate accurate information in a transparent, efficient and proactive manner through communication tools (emails, calls, instant messaging) in a timely manner.
● To communicate daily and weekly report to be sent to upper management
● To properly administer and achieve financial reports to the Account Manager.
● To ensure that the operational budget is strictly adhered and take corrective action if needed.
● To monitor expenses and ensure the respect of the approval process.
● To control and manage inventory.
● To manage and control stocks levels.
● Purchasing (negotiation with supplier to achieve best possible prices according to business).
● To ensure accuracy of cash-up reports.
● To ensure a fair tips administration according to LPM policy.
● To understand and anticipate all guest's needs.
● To handle all guests complaints in a friendly and effective way.
● To always seek for the best solution that will fulfill guest's satisfaction.
● To show genuine interest in our guests and build relationships with them.
● To recognize and approach all regular guests (local and international).
● Ensure first comers become your next regulars adding your extra touch.
● To proactively communicate and work hand to hand with the Guest Relation Manager.
HR/TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT:
● To provide to Senior Management a proposed manning structure as per operation.
● To bring support on the recruitment of new talents according to LPM recruitment guidelines.
● To monitor performance management (disciplinary, appraisals, probation).
● To create and plan weekly rota, attendance sheet, team holidays schedule.
● To support and facilitate training to your department team members.
● To be responsible for sending your team members to training (internal/external) and mentoring their attendance.
● Properly communicate sensitive and serious issues to appropriate persons.
● To assign mentors to all new joiners and ensure they apply their mentoring program precisely.
MARKETING & DEVELOPMENT:
● To use and promote validated marketing tools defined with other departments to improve the business's performance.
● To monitor monthly cover trends and sales analysis.
● To possess a sharp knowledge on market trends and implement ideas and innovations to remain a leader on the market.
● To efficiently work in coordination with others departments.
● To always act and perform according to LPM standards.
● To be an active member during service hours on participating in the operations, supporting each section and areas.
● To ensure that all food waste during food preparations are kept to a minimum.
● To work in any section of the kitchen when necessary or as requested by the Head Chef.
● To ensure that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
● To ensure kitchen and food preparation areas are left clean and sanitised when unattended.
● To always ensure an excellent guest experience.
● To successfully follow daily duties and role responsibilities.
● To ensure team cohesion, help and support to be brought to all team members.
● To respond quickly and positively to changes within your job role, showing flexibility.
JOB ROLE SPECIFICATIONS:
● Culinary arts certificate
● Food safety certificate or related studies
● Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Hotel & Culinary Management
● Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the culinary field
● Previous successful experience in similar position
● Previous experience in restaurants specializing in French/ Mediterranean cuisine
● Previous experience in a Michelin stars restaurant
● English – excellent oral and written
● Attention to details, speed and accuracy
● Willing to take on responsibility and able to delegate tasks efficiently.
● Mentoring and training skills
● Business analytical skills
● Working attitude
● Interpersonal skills
● Additional foreign language skills
● Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
● Team player
● Organizational time and management
● Stress management
● Problem solving and creative thinking
● Analysis and reporting competencies
● Administrative and back office handling
● Familiarity with SOPs
● Familiarity with kitchen hygiene practices and occupational health and safety standards.
● Must be able to calculate basic food costings.
LPM Restaurant & Bar
LPM Restaurant & Bar is a global brand with operations in vibrant and dynamic cities around the world: London, Dubai, Miami, Abu Dhabi, Hong-Kong and now Riyadh.
LPM is a French restaurant and bar inspired by the Mediterranean cuisines. Made of fresh ingredients, prepared a la minute, our dishes are meant to be shared and arrive in the middle of the table, whenever they are ready. Our purpose is to bring people together to share a great time, where our guests will find great food, warm and friendly service in a vibrant atmosphere. All our guests must feel welcome as part of the LPM family.
The family spirit is driving us in everything we do, and this is what we aim to offer to all our colleagues, existing, new or future ones. Our main value is ‘’to treat all your colleagues and guests, as you will treat your family and friends’’.
We value attitude over skills, and prioritize internal growth: we welcome talent and groom them. We focus on consistency in a warm and friendly environment, and we believe we can strive if we all work closely together. Our standards are simple, yet they require focus to ensure a great guest experience.
Other suggested jobs
- Chef de rangCyprus