Category Manager, Franchise Markets
Sephora, a division of LVMH - Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton global luxury leader, is a global leader in beauty retailing. It successfully operates more than three thousand points of sale across Americas, Europe, Middle East, and Asia. Its aim is to animate the most loved beauty community in the world.
Sephora South East Asia is a high growth division of leading global beauty retailer, Sephora. Our teams run omnichannel retail businesses in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, and Hong Kong; Franchise operations in India & Indonesia; and ecommerce-only business (the first in the world globally for Sephora!) in the Philippines. We have recently opened new markets in Hong Kong and New Zealand as well!
Our success is built on innovation, a unique product portfolio, market-leading digital capabilities, and our exceptional people! With ambitious growth plans, we are always looking for talented people who are passionate about building businesses and developing themselves and our customers' experience.
At Sephora, we stand together, and we stand for something more. Every day we reimagine beauty, discover new brands, and influence positive change. Data plays a big role in that. This Category Manager, Franchise Markets, will interface between our Regional team and Franchisee teams to facilitate and ensure qualitative execution of brand plans (Sephora/Exclusives) to deliver the set business objectives.
You will shine here if you enjoy working on…
• New Brand Acquisition
o Planning the brands pipeline with the country leads basis what’s trendy & what customers want
o Driving new brands acquisition for countries with commercial negotiations
o Approving the brands mix in each country
• Brand/Assortment Management [Sephora & Exclusive Brands]
o Initiating Joint business plans with key brand partners to support growth
o Aligning on assortment plans & communication plans with Sephora Regional, Exclusive Brands, Sephora brand team and get buy-ins from partners to mirror the international ranges
o Planning & executing new product launches, key focus categories, pricing, forecasting of new/one shot/animation products.
o Working with Regulatory teams & with brands to time the launch of products, in-market
o Working closely with Supply Chain to ensure timely POs & replenishments
o Planning brand visits with partner teams to optimise visit for trainings, PR opportunities, in-store activities
o Ensuring proper execution of planogram and seasonal fixture updates for Sephora private label and Exclusive brands. Provide feedback & approvals on all new store layouts, brand adjacencies
o Working closely with marketing team to secure brand animation slots as per the planned calendar for each market
o Tracking & Analysing Brands and Campaign performance
o Working closely with franchise partners to facilitate Brands annual launch plans and negotiate with brands on instore mechanics/promotions or activities to drive sales
o Overseeing promotional activities that will meet desired sales/marketing objectives
o Assisting in registration of any marketing related products like free samples, GWPs
o Churning monthly Merchandising reports on the KPIs, business performance
o Monitoring and present regular updates on any emerging trends of the beauty market and the local competitive landscape
o Ensuring the correct maintenance of Master Data
We would love to hear from you if have…
• 6+ years Category/Brand Management experience, ideally from the beauty/fashion industry
• Cross functional work experience
• Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to influence
• Strong analytical skills
• Results Oriented
• Independent and able to work in a fast paced environment
• Keen interest in the beauty industry with a flair for trends and style
• A Masters Degree in Business/Marketing
• Understanding of India, Indonesia markets would be an advantage
While at Sephora, you’ll enjoy…
- The people:You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The learning:We invest heavily in training for our leaders and store associates. Not just product knowledge, but building a personalized career plan with you so you continue to evolve and build your skills.
- The culture:As a leading beauty retailer, backed by the LVMH luxury brand, our reach is broad and our impact is global. Yet there’s always room to explore. It’s in our DNA to innovate and, at Sephora, all 40,000 passionate team members are united by a common goal - to reimagine the future of beauty. You can unleash your creativity, because we’ve got disruptive spirit. You can learn and evolve, because we empower you to be your best. You can be yourself, because you are what sets us apart. This, is the future of beauty. Reimagine your future, at Sephora.
When joining Sephora, you join the fastest growing and most innovative omnichannel retailer in South East Asia. As part of LVMH, (www.lvmh.com/group), we provide an unparalleled combination of resources, scale, and autonomy to our employees.
Sephora SEA was created through the combination of the Sephora's retail business in South East Asia and Luxola, a Singaporean start-up that broke new frontiers in ecommerce regionally. We proudly maintain an entrepreneurial and technology-focused culture, with all our capabilities built in-house – a rarity in this region.
The data is definitive: diversity leads to better teams, better performance, and better results. Consequently, we actively seek to hire employees of all genders, backgrounds, and experiences. We provide our employees with a unique opportunity to take on senior responsibilities, accelerate their career path, and impact the business of beauty across the world.